Sunday, July 6, 2008

Butterfly Card

Hi Everyone! Just a card I made using a stamp that I've never used. The butterfly is really pretty but it's a little too big but I wanted to use the stamp. I, initially, stamped the image using SU Baroque Burgundy but the color didn't look vibrant enough so I went over it with Copic Markers. I wanted to create a different layout from my typical so I decided to turn the primary image at a slight angle.

The stamp set used for this card is Inkadinkado "Garden Delight" stamp set. Again, rather than using designer paper, I decided to stamp the background myself. I used the same stamp set to create the flower background.

The color combo I used was SU Baroque Burgundy and Pretty in Pink. The card base color is a light gray. The metal sentiment says "smile". . .I believe the metal sentiment is by Joann as well as the brads.


To give the body of the butterfly a glittery appearance, I topped it off with Stickles! That's basically it!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Sunday!
post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. I REALLY love the big butterfly. I think you did an awesome job!

Diane said...

I love it Maria,the butterfly is
beautiful,love the glitter!
And the sketch is fab as always!

Becky said...

beautiful card, beautiful butterfly,

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous stamped butterfly Maria!

2 Worlds said...

BEautiful MAria

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! What a great idea to go over the stamping with Copics. You're brilliant! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |