Saturday, August 28, 2010

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C52 - Lattice Challenge

Hello Friends! It's Saturday and by golly, I believe some of my crafting mojo has returned. . .well, sort of! Why? Because it's Crazy 4 Challenges time again and boy, it sure makes me want to get into the creative process!

This week, Frances once again inspired us to create a fun card. The challenge is to add some sort of lattice design to your card. Here are a few ideas to get you started ... lattice using your circuit machine, dies, embossed lattice using scor-pal; Lattice Punches; Designer paper that has lattice pattern, lattice background stamps or image stamps that include lattice on them; etc.

Come join us at Crazy 4 Challenges and show us your lattice designed card! Be sure to stop by and check out the beautiful cards the design team created:

* Barbara Anders
* Cindy Haffner
* Frances Byrne
* Jessie Rone
* Joanne Grzelak
* Joycelyn Pelkey
Lynda Benden
* Angela Wood
*Silke Ledlow
* Silke Kittmann
* Vicki Garrett



There are 2 types of lattice design on my card. The background lattice was created using my Cricut Cartridge "Wild Card" and the border lattice was created using my Spellbinder "Borderbilities". Together. . .that is a lot of lattice for sure. To bling up the lattice a bit, I added dew drops to the border. How fun is that?

As for the image, I colored it a while back. It's by Hanglar, I believe. I don't have the stamp. . .I believe it was one of the images I received from an image swap I participated way back when I was still participating in image swaps. Image swaps are a fun way to receive different type of images that you may not have or when you can't afford to buy the actual stamps. I don't participate in image swaps anymore because well, I can't even find the time to create cards for the rubber stamps that I do own. LOL!


Anyway, it was a joy to create this card. I actually had fun creating it. You know, I love creating stuff. . .I think part of my problem is I want to do too many things that I'm torn between various hobbies. I need to learn to balance all the different hobbies I have and find a way to be able to work on each of them without feeling like one hobby is taking away from another hobby. I think once I find a balance, I'll feel happier about the process of creating. Right now, I'm still working through it.

Okay, be sure to stop by Crazy 4 Challenges and play along! Hope you all have a beautiful Saturday!

19 comments:

StampOwl said...

This is gorgeous Maria .. love both of your lattice pieces on this.

Angelwood said...

Gorgeous card, Maria! I love this image! So glad your mojo has returned ;) hugs, Angela

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Maria! Love that lattice background and your coloring is fabulous.

Silke Ledlow said...

Over the top cut Maria!!!! I love the two different lattice ideas....simply smashing look and design! Have a fabbo weekend! Hugs ~S~

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Maria,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Barbara said...

Adorable, Maria! I love all that lattice and that great big flower behind the image!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Maria this is adorable!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

Lynda Benden said...

WOW Maria, this is fantastic! The image, flower and your lattice, all awesome!

Vicki G said...

Such a sweet sweet card! I have to try my lattice feature!

Hugs

Vicki

cedar chests said...

I really love that character. It is just so cute. And I like the color that you put in that cute girl. She looks so attractive.

Silli said...

Oh girl, your card is beautiful, love the big flower...

Sharon said...

Your card is beautiful! I'm so glad you are sharing it - truly inspirational!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab lattice work...but the coloring and cuteness of that main image just made me smile...adorable

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Fantastic!!!! Your coloring is OUTSTANDING...what a great creation!!!

doris said...

Your card is beautiful!!

xox doris

Jessie/knightrone said...

What an adorable card!! Love it!!

Anne Tussing said...

So Sweet! Love the lattice and the colored image!

Tonje said...

Unusual, extraordinary pretty and creative card you have made! Love the details!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh Maria your coloring skills are off the charts amazing! This card is wonderful and the incorporation of lattice is fantastic! Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |