Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Shabby Chic Happy Birthday Card


Hello Friends!! Hey, no allergies today and I'm also back on Facebook! I decided to cut my Facebook sabbatical short. I was able to stay off Facebook for close to two weeks without updating my status or logging in to read my friend's updates. I thought I would have a difficult time because honestly, I was a bit addicted to Facebook. I mean, you're addicted if you're on there posting what you ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, where you're shopping, when you woke up, when you're going to bed. . .LOL! I do find it hilarious . . .I don't think I was that bad but I do know a few people who do post updates ALL day!

I did log in on Facebook to wish my friends happy birthday but other than that, I remained off the site and it actually wasn't too difficult. I was tempted the first few days to log in and post a status but after a few days, I really didn't think about it much. So. . .all you FB addicts, you can be cured of your addiction. . .just take a break. . . hehe!
Anyway. . .I did create this post to actually talk about my card. Nothing really different about it from my other shabby chic cards. I did sew the lace flower which I don't think I've added to any of my cards in the past. I then topped the lace flower with a satin rosette and stuck a pin that I had added beads to embellish it a bit.

I also added a few additional silk flowers. I usually use Prima flowers but I have a bunch of silk flowers in my stash so I decided to use them instead.

I stamped the sentiment and cut it to look like a banner and embellished it with a heart button. That's about it!

Anyway, gotta run. . .I need to pick up my daughter at the bus stop! Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday evening!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |