Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tuesday's Daily Special - Color Challenge 1



Again, I apologize for the late delivery of this post. I've been so behind on a lot of things lately but I did have a chance to work on this color challenge today. I'm actually 2 days behind. I found this color combo on SCS color challenge. I liked the idea of adding a color to a black and white color combo. The colors for this challenge are Cool Carribean, Whisper White, and Black.

The only thing I don't like about this card that I created is the tag. I shadowed it with a black ink and I meant to make it a little more subtle but I added more ink than intended. I didn't want to waste the cardstock so I kept it and begrundgingly added it to the card. Why didn't I use the other side you ask. . .well, I already stamped the back with the sentiment which I messed up. I don't like to waste as you can see. Lemme' tell yah, every little scrap counts. I keep every scrap unless it's too small to punch or stamp on. . .otherwise, it goes into my scrap pile for future use. I use the scraps for sentiments, tags, and punches.

Stamp set: Hostess Set - Blooming with Happiness and the sentiment - SAB So Very
Background paper: DCWV
Accessories: Organdy ribbon, small black brads
Tools: Paper piercer from the Crafters' Tool Kit, Small Corner Punch , Dimensionals
Ink: Tempting Turquoise marker, Cool Caribbean In Color Classic, Blender Pen, Basic Black Classic


Try this color challenge out. It's actually very easy to work with. The cool carribean really works well with the neutral black and white for any stamp design you choose.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Looks great...love the DP you worked with here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |