Sunday, May 13, 2007

Daily Special - Anythng But Cards - Tote-ally Tote Tutorial


After receiving a lot of response stating that you wanted a tutorial of this project, I created one! Whoohoo! See what the power of persuasion can do!

Gawd. . .it took forever to create this tutorial. It's such an easy project but I had such difficulties explaining the detailed aspects (optional) of the tote. I don't know if you'll understand what I tried to explain. If all else fails, just look at the picture. . .they're self-explanatory. Let me know if there's something in the instructions that makes you go "huh?".



I didn't come up with this creation. I got it from a group site I'm part of (Handmade Cards with Love) and I created my own tutorial on the project. I added my own design details but the tote pattern is from a template created by Julie Buhler. The tote base is so EASY. . .trust me, even a 5 year old can put it together.

I added extra tutorials on the "designer" aspect of the tote. . .my little touches to the design. That was the part that I could not, for the life of me, explain eloquently.

As for my previous "help me" post. . .I'll write another post tomorrow thanking all of the people who emailed me and commented on this dilemma I am experiencing. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for all of your advise. It really has helped me put things into perspective and I am so appreciative that you all cared enough to give me your advise and opinions. It's been so helpful and enlightening.

On a personal note. . .

My daughter went to the mall this afternoon for the first time alone with just her friends. My husband is conservative and cautious. He isn't too keen on the "mall rat" thing. I'm less conservative than he is. . .as a matter of fact, way less conservative so I was very happy that she was able to do the BFF bonding thing at the mall. Her and her friends went to the movies and looked around the mall. Y'know. . .girl stuff.

Anyway, to make a long story short. . .I do have a point to make. Ha! When I picked my daughter up from the mall, she came in the car and said in such a happy voice "mom, I really had a good time". She really was "happy". I mean. . .all she did was go to the mall with her friends and the way she expressed it sounded as if she went to a major event.

I then told her. . ."like everything else in life, when you do something in moderation, it actually is fun and exciting. . .I'm sure your friends did not feel the same way as you did because they do this sort of stuff all the time". My daughter then said. . ."well, I'm glad I don't do this all the time because I really had a wonderful time". Awww. . .how cute. I was really happy for her.

Anyway, try out the project. Do a basic one and add your own touches! I didn't design the tote too elaborately. . . well, because a tote usually isn't heavily decorated, right. . otherwise, it'll look like a "grammy bag" not a tote.

Until later. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tutorials are among the absolute BEST! I always look forward to seeing them! Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

Pat said...

Wow awesome tutorial. Thanks for sharing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |