Saturday, May 5, 2007

Daily Special - Retired Stamp Set - I Like Your Style #2 and Stamping Tip

Okay, I made another card with the "I Like Your Style". See my previous post for the other card I made. I basically used the same color scheme but with a different pattern. The scrapbook paper is again from K & Co K-ology! Very cool paper, by the way.

I cut the edge of the center border with Fiskar "Cloud" scissors. This is a fabulous scissors. It cuts with a large scalloped edge. The ribbon is by Dashes, Dots & Checks (purchased at Michael). The image was colored using Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.

I used a particular technique that is used when you only want to use a part of the stamp and not the whole image. This is great for using parts of wordy sentiments .

Stamping Tip:

Tape over the area that you don't want to be inked and stamped

Ink the stamp, remove the tape (important part), then stamp the image as desired
That's it. The "exposed" area will be inked and stamped and the taped area will not.







2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Cool card Maria...I like that paper too!

Anonymous said...

I like this card also. I like the way you used the cloud scissors. Really a pretty card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |