Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Random Card - Mix of Different Stamp Sets

On this card I used stamps from 5 different stamp sets. It's surprising I was able to fit all of the images on one card considering the images are quite large. I guess, like anything else in life, if there's a will, there's a way

Stampin Up is retiring the "Flower Fest" (the big flower), All Year Cheer II (sentiment), and "Bold Butterfly" (the butterfly, duh). I hope the new Stampin Up Catalog will have a bunch of Definitely Decorative Stamp Sets. . .they're my favorite.

Stamping tip:
Using scrapbook paper is a great way to color or in this case fill in stamp images that typically needs to be colored in. Just stamp the images on the desired scrapbook paper and with a sponge dauber scrape or dab ink on the edge of the images after the images are cut out. This technique is called "direct to paper" It's a great way to shadow or shade the edge of the images. Stamping on scrapbook paper is a great way to rid of scraps of scrapbook paper which I did in this case.

Card Detail:
Stamp sets: Bold Butterfly, Canvas, All Year Cheer II, Flower Fest, Doodle This
Paper: Ballet Blue and Green Galore, DCWV scrapbook paper
Ink: Ballet blue
Accessories: JoAnn buttons, Basic Basic riboon

I didn't do a sketch for this card because it's a little too simple to create one for this layout. It just looks complex because of all the images I stuck on to the card.
Until later. . .

1 comment:

maiahs_momma said...

Just wanted to say how much I really enjoyed this card, I am about to dabble in making a few cards this afternoon dimensional. I can't wait to see how things turn out! It is a great card :)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |