Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Daily Special - Technique Day - Double Slider Card Tutorial



Click Here for the Tutorial on SCS



I decided to take a break and post a tutorial from the Splitcoast Stampers website rather than creating my own tutorial. I would like to work on some of the SCS challenges but I can't fit the time to do so. There's a lot of great tutorials on SCS. I try not to post "CASED" tutorials or card sketches because I feel that SCS has a lot of tutorials andI feel blog readers want to see different projects that may not be on SCS. I don't know. . .it's just my assumption. 95% of the time, what I post on my blogs are my creations and sketches.



Maybe once a week, I'll challenge myself and do a technique posted on SCS or someone else's blog site. Of course, I'll credit the appropriate people.

Anyway. . .I created this double slider card a while ago. I posted it way back in November of last year. This slider card is actually not too difficult to create but I had a few problems. I made the mistake of adding brads to the insert and whenever I slid the card back down, the brads would catch on the card.

Card Detail:

Stamp sets: Mixed Bouquet, Friend to Friend.
Ink Colors: ballet blue, green galore, garden green and pink passion pixie pink
Paper: white, beige, pink, pretty in pink, and ballet blue dye inks
Accessories: Horizontal Slot punch, organdy ribbon, JoAnn large silver brads

Card #2 Detail:

Stamp Sets: A Light Heart, Loving Hearts.
Ink: pixie pink and real red, Vanilla Crafter's Ink
Paper: pixie pink, real red, and white.
Accessories: Punched tab from the Word Window punch for the pull handle at the top of the outer insert, JoAnn large silver brads, Clear embossing powder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |