Monday, March 14, 2011

Another Mixed Media Layout


Hi Friends! Happy Monday! I decided to work on another mixed media layout last night and believe it or not this layout only took me less than an hour to create because I didn't have to go through my scrap stash to look for matchy matchy embellishments. I brushed Gesso to the center of the layout and just painted over it with purple and blue acrylic paint. It's kinda messy looking but it was really fun painting and drawing!

I stamped the hearts and word "fun" drew in the rest of the design and wrote a little journaling. I then found the flowers and lace sitting on my desk and stuck them on! Quick stuff. I'm having fun painting the design . . .I have difficulties creating layouts the traditional way because I spend so much time trying to figure out what to add to my layout and finding stuff that match so I think I prefer this random way of creating a layout!


I used my Making Memories foam stamps to design the heart and outlined them with SU Markers. I then added Stickles Iridescent paint to create the dots!

I know. . .it looks kinda messy but I kinda like it messy looking.. . LOL! What I love the best is in person the paint gives the layout a lot of nice textures and that it's my own expression . . .my own drawing and painting. Fun stuff!!

Anyway, I think I'm going make another one . . .I'm having so much fun creating these mixed media layouts.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday

2 comments:

cebelica said...

Beautiful!

Sudha said...

Beautiful. Another artistic creation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |