Hello Friends! Happy Friday and it's that time again! It's Crafty Friday Mash Up Linky Party time! It doesn't look like my linky party is catching on because we've had a low participant turn out last week but I will keep going because I like the concept of crafty people sharing their projects.
What I am not good at is promoting my linky party. I should post my party on Facebook and ask people to join but I figured if I post it on my blog, some of you will read it and join in. I'll continue on this way. . .I do encourage you to play along and share your work.
Before I begin to even discuss my project, here is the prize for my linky party for March. At the end of the month, I'll announce the winner chosen randomly from all the participants that participated in my linky parties in March.
I found this great "Amy Butler Sew-it kit". I bought two of them, one for me and one for the winner at the end of the month. The kit is fabulous because it contains 15 projects with instructions, patterns, a booklet, 2 fabrics, and a spool of thread!
You don't sew? Well, it's time you try it out. The projects in this kit are super simple that anyone can do it! Who doesn't love Amy Butler projects? I plan to work on all of the projects! I can't wait!
Okay, let me briefly discuss this apron I finished up last night. Easy. . .I tell ya'! I love it. It's my first sewn apron and my first ruffle! I was so excited how cute it turned out!! I'm planning to create more of them. . .:) Sewing this apron took about 3 hours from cutting the fabric, pressing, and sewing.
I used McCalls M5284. . .the pattern comes with 7 designs. I used pattern C but I did not add a ric-rac design to my apron. I didn't have a matching ric-rac available so I decided to use contrasting fabric for the ruffles and pocket. The pocket is actually 2 pockets. . they are separated at the center of the large pocket shape.
Let me highlight the crafty loveliness of last week's participants. Thank you ladies for playing along:
This card is so adorable. Such pretty colors. Create with TLC is giving away a freebie of this image. Be sure to check it out and grab your free image!!
I just love Shoregirl's Creations are just so darn cute! I love this patriotic gift and tag! It's such a wonderful gift to give someone who may be in the military. . .they need lots of love or a great Independence Day gift.
- This is not a challenge . . .create what you want. You may link any DIY crafty project in any area of arts and craft such as card making, stamping, scrapbooking, sewing, paper crafting, altered projects, painting, jewelry making, polymer claying, photography, crocheting, knitting, needlework, vintage finds, refurbishing, home decor. . .you get the picture. . .:)
- Please do not link to your Etsy store, website store, or any store that sells your creations. It will be removed if you do.
- You may link any project past or present. It don't have to be a current project. You may add a maximum of 5 links but they all have to be a different types of craft projects. . .for example sewing, cards, scrapbooking, jewelry, etc. . . .they can't all be handmade cards with all 5 links.
- Extra entry given to projects with tutorials.
- You may link up any time during the month. The Friday Mash Up will end at the end of each month.
- I will draw up a winner at the end of the month from all the participants in that particular month and make an announcement of the winner at the start of the next month's linky party. The prize will be a crafty project I created, bought or from a sponsor.
- I'll feature 3 projects from partipants on the following week's linky party . By linking your project, you give me permission to post a picture of your project and a link to your blog or website if your project is chosen.
- Link back to my linky party so others can be inspired by other people's projects. You may grab the html for my banner or just link back to the party post.