Hello Friends!!! Hey it's Crafty Friday Mash Up Linky Party again and I also have a winner for last month's linky party! Before I begin, I would like to announce the winner of the Amy Butler Sewing Kit. . . .drum roll, please. .:) The winner is Esther at Shoregirl's Creations. Yay! Esther can you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address so I can send your prize. Thank you to everyone who participated in last month's Crafty Friday Mash Up. It was so much fun seeing your super awesome projects!!!
Okay. . now, that it's April. . .it's a new month of Crafty Friday Mash Up Linky Party! Last month's participantion was a little low but hopefully, it'll pick up. . . .I'll give it a go again. . .:) I won't give up. . .I'm hoping more of you will link your crafty creations and share your creativity.
It's very simple. . .just link your creation. . .there's no theme. . you may link any type of creation. . .see my rules below. Nothing complicated. At the start of each month, I'll announce the winner. I haven't come up with the prize for April but I'll link the prize in next week's linky party.
For my share this week, I decided to create a lace & satin rose brooch to accessorize my daughter's blouse. The brooch is attached to the blouse with a pin attachment and may be removed and added on to another blouse, fabric bag, or hat.
Here is a close up of the brooch on a printed blouse. I added beads to the rose . . .I thought the beads make for a pretty element to the design. I'm actually working on a bunch of fashion accessories to add to my bags and crochet hats. I'm making different styles and colors of flower brooches using different fabric, lace, etc. It's so much fun to create them!
Here is the brooch on a plain pink shirt blouse. . .it just makes the blouse a little more interesting, don't you think?
Here is the blouse without the brooch. . .rather plain and boring. If you want to create this brooch, I'll see if I can work on creating a tutorial specifically for the fabric/lace design rose but in the mean time, click here for tutorial for the "ribbon" version of the rose.
Now it's your turn to link your craft projects. Come join my linky party and share your creativity!!
- This is not a challenge . . .create what you want. You may link any DIY crafty project in any area of arts and craft such as card making, stamping, scrapbooking, sewing, paper crafting, altered projects, painting, jewelry making, polymer claying, photography, crocheting, knitting, needlework, vintage finds, refurbishing, home decor. . .you get the picture. . .:)
- Please do not link to your Etsy store, website store, or any store that sells your creations. It will be removed if you do.
- You may link any project past or present. It don't have to be a current project. You may add a maximum of 5 links but they all have to be a different types of craft projects. . .for example sewing, cards, scrapbooking, jewelry, etc. . . .they can't all be handmade cards with all 5 links.
- Extra entry given to projects with tutorials.
- You may link up any time during the month. The Friday Mash Up will end at the end of each month.
- I will draw up a winner at the end of the month from all the participants in that particular month and make an announcement of the winner at the start of the next month's linky party. The prize will be a crafty project I created, bought or from a sponsor.
- I'll feature 3 projects from partipants on the following week's linky party . By linking your project, you give me permission to post a picture of your project and a link to your blog or website if your project is chosen.
Okay. . .that's it for today! Hope you'll play along in my linky party this month! Have a wonderful Friday!