Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C82 - Color Challenge

Hello Friends! Happy Saturday! Hey. . .I finally posted a card! It's been a while . . .I think the last time I posted something paper crafting was in last week's Crazy 4 Challenge post. Boy, I'm slackin' in the paper crafting area lately! I think I'm going to spend the day just paper crafting . . .I've been so engrossed in sewing that my paper crafting has taken a back seat. It's hard to find a balance.

Well, it's Crazy 4 Challenges time again and Silke came up with a great color challenge this week!! I love the combination! The color combination if you can't tell by my card (LOL!!) is green, brown, and vanilla!

Stop by Crazy 4 Challenges and check out all the fabulous cards the crazy gals created or stop by their individual blogs:

* Barbara Anders
* Cindy Haffner
* Frances Byrne
* Jessie Rone
* Joanne Grzelak
* Joycelyn Pelkey
Lynda Benden
*Silke Ledlow
* Silke Kittmann
* Tammy Hershberger
Vicki Garrett


I used my Unity Stamps this time around. I have a ton of them that still needs to be inked. . .I love this tree image and the sentiment! It's true. . .it's the little things that do make me happy!!

I added a little Stickles glitter to give the trees a little bling. . .gotta have bling. . :)

I do want to talk about the Prima flowers on my card. The flowers are actually 3 layers of flowers each that I scrunched together to give the flowers a rose appearance. I have a lot of the little primas but I don't like using them. I saw a tutorial somewhere. . .I can't remember who created the tutorial. . it's something that someone posted on Facebook that showed how to create roses with your little 5 petal primas! I LOVE it! It saves me from having to buy rose shaped Primas andalso helps me to get rid of the Primas that I already have. The best way to get the flowers to hold together is using a glue gun. . .otherwise you would have to wait for the glue to dry and who has the time to wait, right? Try it out!!!

Anyway. . .that's it for today! Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday!

12 comments:

StampOwl said...

so pretty

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFULLY done Maria!!!!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Oh this is so cool, Maria!!! Love those trees...and the flowers are awesome too!!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

VERY cute, Maria! LOVE the flowers, and how whimsical those trees are!

Lee said...

Sooo Beautiful and creative,love it.xx

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty.....you really rocked these colors

Barbara said...

Very pretty, Maria!

Silli said...

So pretty Maria, love the green, love the pretty trees...HUGS

Lynda Benden said...

This is darling Maria! I LOVE those trees, what great images! Your flowers are the perfect extra touch!

Leslie said...

Maria, your card is beautiful. Love the green flower. I saw a tuturial by Connie MacFarland at paper petals and ribbon roses. I have made several of them myself since I saw her video.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so fabulous...I LOVE the flowers!!

Harry Winston Engagement Rings said...

Lovely colors, thanks for sharing Maria.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |