Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Start of Next Year's Christmas Cards and 2008 Resolutions

Yup, you read it correctly. I'm making next year's Christmas cards. Last year one of my resolutions for 2007 was to create 10 Christmas cards a months so I can send them out early and even sell some of them.

Well, I procrastinated and waited until November to really make them and by December, I was behind. I thought no problem, I'll spend a week busting my buns to finish up and well, I ended up with the flu. It turned out to be a DISASTER. Okay, lesson learned.

I really like the way Monika at M.A.D Stamper includes instructions to all her cards on her blog so I decided I'll try it out. We'll see how it goes. I may get lazy and stop doing it but for now I'll write the instructions. My instructions will be condensed.



Card Recipe:

Stamps: Unknown
Paper: SU Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Ballet Blue DCWV Holiday Pack, Watercolor Paper
Ink: SU Markers, Basic Black Ink
Accessories: SU Circle Punch, Scallop Punch, Crafter's Tool Kit (Paper Piercer), Snowflake brad (unknown), Walmart Holiday Ribbon, Stickles Glitter, Aquapainter

Instructions:
1. Stamp image using black ink on to watercolor paper.
2. Watercolor image using SU Markers and aquapainter (Click here for the video tutorial)
3. When dry, apply stickles glitter to parts of the image.
4. Follow the sketch and design card as desired.


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Unkown, Magenta (sentiment)
Paper: SU Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Garden Green, DCWV Holiday Stack
Ink: SU Markers, Basic Black
Accessories: SU Ticket Corner Punch, Stickles Glitter, 5/8" grosgrain ribbon

Instructions are the same as the first card.

Hey, I'm curious. . .have y'all created your list of resolutions already? Mine is very long. Why? Because if I make a long list, I'll more than likely fulfill one or two of my resolutions. . .LOL!

Okay. . .don't mind but this is for my personal reference . . .

My 2008 Resolutions:

1. Make 10 Christmas cards a month.
2 Use or Lose. . .meaning anything I don't use next year will need to be purged.
3. Purge and organize the garage AGAIN.
4. Meditate for at least 10 minutes every morning.
5. Start on Yoga.
6. RAK someone at least twice a month.
7. Label all my craft containers.
8. Plant one plant in my backyard twice a month.
9. Create a daily "experience" list. I'll explain later.
10. At least once a week, create a card or project with a technique that I've never tried.
11. Create a "gratitude" journal and write in it daily.
12. Resume my weight loss journey.
13. Reduce my stamping/scrapbooking expenditure.
14. If I buy a craft item, I MUST use or create something with it the week I buy it.
15. Unmount my wood stamps and create an unmounted stamp folder. Finish 3 pages a
week.
16. Send my friend Rita in Hawaii, Laurie in San Francisco, and cousin Florence a box of handmade cards or scrappy project at least once a month.
17. Make a "gourmet" type dish once a week.
18. Create one mini album/scrapbook layout or scrappy project once a week.
19. Create a new banner for my blog sites.
20. Lose weight.
21. Exercise at least 3x a week.
22. Create a blog tutorial at least once a week.
23. Reduce my scrap pile.
24. Lose 20 lbs by the end of 2008.
25. Clean my craft room once a week.
26. Organize all of my embellishment.
27. Start my Christmas shopping in September.
28. Blog daily on Journey to Skinnyville starting Jan 1st.
29. Clean out my computer.
30. Start a journal.
31. Create a bind-it-all project at least once a week.
32. Alter something once a week.
33. Don't re-buy any new craft item until I use up the ones I already have (ink pad, brads,
markers, embossing powder, etc.)
34. Read a book at least once a month.
35. Wash the laundry at least once a week.
36. Do not place anything in the hallways (craft stuff)
37. Create a more organized address book. (Write all addresses in only ONE book)
38. Compile all my favorite recipes and create a recipe box.
39. Shut off the lights and TV when I'm not in the room.
40. Make the bed daily.
41. Mop the floor once a week (wood floor)
42. Eat vegetables 3x a week.
43. Purge all my old unused clothing and bring them to the Salvation Army.
44. Bring all the old photos stored in the garage into the house before summer.
45. Clean out linen closet. Give excess items to Salvation Army.
46. BBQ in our backyard twice a month.
47. Use ALL of my rubber stamps or sell the unused ones by the end of the year.
48. NO MORE HOARDING OF MY CRAFT STUFF.
49. Transfer all of my old pictures of my cards on to a CD.
50. Search for scholarships daily for Alexis.

I'll add more as I think up of more to list. . .:)

Hey, if you've already created your resolution list, send me a link to your blog. . .I'm interested to see your resolutions for 2008.

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your cards are lovely, I am also on a use it kick for 2008, I will not (see says, hoping to keep it) buy anything new. Have plenty of stamps, paper, accessories. Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that I can make a card a week and post to my blog :D

Good luck to you with your new year resolutions!!

Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. Hope to get to know you better through SBS2!

Tracy.H said...

Wow! That is some list!! I will have to sit down and write one after Christmas is over...I will let you know when I have it ready for viewing. ;0)

Merry Christmas! :0)

pescbrico said...

I'm with you on number 24 and 28! I'm down 15 pounds now and it's partly because of you with your blog for your weight. So If you strat back again in january I will be there and since I still have 20 pounds to go we could encourage each other! Those 2 cards are really awesome! It's a lot of work to put your receip for each card! You are not procrastinating that much from my point of view! :)
Merry Christmas!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards Maria... love the first one... I have the same snowman stamp. :o)
Wow... lots of NY Resolutions... let us know how it will go :o)
Thanks for mentioning my blog...

Jules said...

Oh my your list is soooo long!!!! The only resolution I am doing and actually calling a resolution is "31 Days of Neglected Stamps Resolution" I have so many new stamps that have never (GASP) seen ink! Other then that I figure everything else if I call it a resolution it just seems that I set myeself up for failure! heehee!! Have a wonderful Christmas!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

I think I might add in a few more about doing fun things with your family. Sometimes I tend to get so wrapped up in my stamping and running my business that I don't spend as much time with them as I should. Then I look at them with their pasty white faces from being indoors so much and their square eyeballs from watching so non-stop TV and playing video games and I feel bad. It's bad enough that I work all day anyway, but to take away their time in the evenings and weekends too just wasn't fair.

So, I made a resolution last year and I've kept it. I only stamp after the kids have gone to bed. I limit my stamping events, like workshops or downline meetings to just one per week. Same with swaps - I do about 1/4 of the ones I used to do. And I put weekly reminders on my calendar to take them skating or to the movies. It really does help me keep things more in balance.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is some list and I can relate to a lot of them.
Good luck with your list.
It will be interesting to see if they remain on the list on January 1st, 2008.
(I didn't think I am brave enough to put my list in writing!)
Best wishes for the New Year!
Sherry,
(CDN friend)

Kimberly said...

I know I'm at the bottom of your blog here, but I've used both of these sketches lately and loved them. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |