Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another Elegant Card



Hi Everyone!! Hey, I made another elegant card!! Yipee!! Actually, I had stamped and embossed this image 3 times with the plan to create a card with the images lined up 3 in a row. Well, when I tried to fit them on a card. . .the images were way too big to fit even two of them!! LOL!! Rather than waste the images, I decided to make another card with one of the image.

I found this gold embellishment (that gold metal thing in front of my image). . .it was in my scrap box. I don't even know where it came from. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know I had it! It's probably been sitting in that box for years just waiting to be used. Well, it's this embellishments lucky day!! I finally used it!!

Anyway. . .I created a tutorial on how to color your elegant image with Copic Markers. . .Click Here for the tutorial. I mean, there's nothing to it but if you want instructions check out the tutorial.

Okay. . I have a lot things to chit-chat about today!! LOL! There's days when I have a lot to talk about and today is the day!! LOL! First of all, I have FABULOUS news!! My daughter got accepted to one of the University of California campuses. We're still waiting on the others but I wanted my daughter to get accepted to at least one of the UC campuses. . .any campus, I didn't care.

This means, I won't have to pay out of state tuition, she'll be attending one of the best universities in the US and she'll be able to come home often. If she didn't get accepted to any of the UC campuses, that would mean she would either have to attend a private school (if she were to be accepted by one of them) and we'll be broke for probably several years or attend a university out of state and we will only be able to see our daughter once or twice a year and that would be very sad.

All of the UC campuses are on the top 100 of public universities in the world with UC Berkeley at number 1 position which my daughter did not apply to. This is based on the Newsweek ranking by the way in the case any one wants to argue about it. Sometimes people get emotional about this subject. Not sure why? She didn't want to apply to Berkeley because she said that she didn't want to feel overly pressured by all the smarties and highly intellectual students there! LOL!
Anyway. . .enough of my chit-chat. I was going to write more but it's already long as it is so I'll save it for tomorrow's post! LOL!

Nothing much else to the card. It's actually a very simple card. That's the beauty of elegant images. . .you can create a card that looks like you did a lot work to create it but the truth is you didn't much of anything!! Gotta love that!!

Anyhoo. . .hope you all have a fabulous day!!


Card Details:

Stamp: Stampendous Tiled Quad Cube
Paper: Basic Grey (I think), SU Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Ink: Versamark, Copic Markers
Accessories: Gold embellishment (?), organdy ribbon, SU Scallop edge punch, gold embossing powder.



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is an elegant card. very nice.

Dawn Easton said...

Maria! This is gorgeous!!! I love how elegant it is...wow!
Thanks for popping by tonight...after re-doing my blog I've been trying to add my blog friends again and I'd lost your address when the template switched...luckily you came by and I've added you once again ;)

Rita said...

Gorgeous card & I luv that metal centerpiece, it gives it a Victorian flair!

Rita said...

oops, forgot to congratulate your daughter, great news for you too! I know what you mean about out of state Univ. my son did the out of state & cost us a bundle & him too with student loans. It's almost as much as buying a really expensive big huge house. My daughter stayed close by which was a good thing.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Beautiful card Maria!
I love the elegant 'victorian' feel to it :)
Congrats to your daughter! That is fab news :)
xo

Karen W said...

This is just beautiful and I love elegant cards. Thanks for the ideas! Congrats to you and your daughter, you both deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Beautiful card Maria!!! And congratulations to your daughter.

Femin Susan said...

wow that card is beautiful.love it
Cheers!!!

Risa said...

Your card is very elegant and beautiful Maria!
Congratulations are in order for your daughter also, I'm so glad that she will be close to home.
hugs
Risa:)

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card, Maria!! It is soooo elegant. This card would be awesome as a wedding or an anniversary card! Except, I might just frame it and not give it away!

Congrats on your daughter getting accepted! That sure has to be a load off your mind now that you know that she will be close to home!

Anonymous said...

Maria, Love the card and what a nice find! It looks like you bought it specifically for this card!
Sandy O

Ila said...

Wow!! this card is Elegant and So Beautiful!!..Congrats to your daughter...it's wonderful she will be so close to home!!...Hugs, Ila

Diane said...

Elegant indeed Maria!!! Love it!!!

Cathy said...

Maria,
This is absolutely, jaw dropping, gorgeous!! OMG so pretty!!
Hugs, Cathy

Janna said...

This is simply stunning with a capital S! Wow, I am so blown away by this card! I just love staring at it. That gold filigree thing is amazing! I wish I had it, however my card would never look as good as this one. And congrats to your daughter! That is just wonderful! I know you must be so proud of her!

Smiles,
janna

Elena said...

Very elegant card! I love the embellishment!!!
Wow! What a great news about your daughter!!! I am so happy for your family, Maria!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Wow Wow Wow Maria!!! You did a wonderful Job on your Elegant Card!!! I need to spend more time on the elegant thing!!!

This card is so so pretty (even though I am allergic to the color brown!!!!)

Love it!!! Love your creativity!!!!

Heather

Jennie said...

Congrats to your daughter!!!! and to you too for having your daughter close and saving some money.

Awesome card too! You have the prettiest cards *~*

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO cool! What a happy surprise to find that amazing embellishment. Your layout & stamping make it look like a million bucks! :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |