Friday, February 13, 2009

Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Together Forever


Hi Friends!! You know. . .I have sooooooo many stamps and I want to buy more stamps but I feel I don't get to play with any of my old stamps because I keep buying new ones. I wish I could use them all and create cards all day long but well, that's not possible.

Today, I thought of buying a bunch of new stamps and I started to feel like I'm a little crazy because I have stamps that I bought 3 years ago. . .really cute ones and I haven't touched them for. . .3 years! LOL!! I think what I'm going to do is for every newer stamp that I play with, I'll create a card using an old stamp that I have. Let's all do that. . .okay. Let's play with our old stamps and give them some love too!!

Okay. . .now to my sweet Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Valentines card. I decided to create a card with this stamp image because it's almost Valentines. I think this card can be an all occasion card as well as Valentines card. I drew in the trees, grass, flowers, and butterfly to create a scenery. I actually did it last minute. . .it almost didn't work out because I already had started on coloring the background towards the center and had to squeeze in the tree image and flowers to the edge. Luckily it worked out!!

I colored my image using my Copic Markers and added a bit of Stickles to the flowers. That's about it.
Stop by Pink Cat Studio and check out all the fabulous stamps! They've go a lot of stamp sets for you to choose from and they're all super cute!!

Hey, I posted another card. . . scroll down to my previous post for InStyle Stamps Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge. There's a prize to be given out!




Card Details:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Sweethearts
Paper: K&Co Desginer Paper, Autumn Leaves designer paper, SU Regal Rose (I think), Certainly Celery
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Stickles Glitter, Fiskar scallop scissors, Coluzzle circle template, Making Memories Ribbon, Making Memories daisy brads, SU Key Tag Punch


33 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Maria, this card is simply stunning, love the bright and vibrant colours. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Norine said...

what a fun card love the colors and design
Hugs
Norine

Dawn Easton said...

Love the spring card Maria! Such fun colours and your images are coloured wonderfully!
I adore those two!!!
GREAT scallops too...makes a fun card!

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh!! This is just adorable and just love the bright and cheery colors.

Anonymous said...

Maria, this card really jumps out at me. You know how I love bright colours--this card is absolutely stunning!!

Danni said...

Your cards just make me smile! Love this!! Oh so pretty!
And I've been trying to use my old stamps too!

katy said...

Hi Maria, loving the vibrancy of colours and my favourite combo ! Clever doodling, i'm a scaredy cat when it comes to hand drawing on my cards :), Enjoy the weekend, love Katy x

Little C's Creations said...

Love your color combo on here, Maria. I just love the pinks, greens period. LOL!!! You're right about having to buy so much new stamps - can't use the old ones. That's one of the feelings I have been going through lately. Makes me nuts!!! I have this set, and I hope I can use it before VDay!!!!

~Jen

Vicki G said...

Holy WOMAN!!!! You are SO talented.......Such rich colours, the layout, the everything!!!!! YOu never never cease to amaze me Maria!!!!

Rita said...

Sooo cute & as usual your color combos are fantastic!!!

Luv your idea about using old stamps & I also have lots of new ones that I haven't used yet & some that I haven't even cut out yet...how sad is that?!

Cathy said...

Maria,

This is simply stunning!! It's like a smile on paper!! Very cheerful and cute!! You know i love scenes on my cards and this is too cute!!! I love it!

Hugs,
Cathy

de said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors! And I can so feel where you coming from on the stamps! I have been "organizing" my stash and I have a million stamps I've never used... but I'm always so tempted to buy more. I am putting myself on stamp suspension for 3 months. Let's see how that goes! But I am allowing myself to buy tools and embellishments. I can't go cold turkey!

Regarding my lenses - I ordered a 75-300mm (it was cheaper than the 70-300mm because its old style... longer and heavier. I think the 70-300 you have is shorter and lighter, and double the price +!). I also got a 60mm macro lens. Believe me, I don't know anything about my camera either. So sad! I want to take a class, but just too much going on and the cost is usually very high. I have books, and I read alot of stuff online, but alas, I think my brain is just too full of school and work to absorb it! I can't wait til school is over! I hope to be able to use that brain power to learn the camera!!!

inlovestamping said...

Great layout on this card, love all the layers and the colors. You are a very talented!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is so adorable! I love it! I love the card below too! Your coloring is so vibrant and perfect! WOW!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers, so bright and happy, did I tell you I love your work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi said...

Very very pretty card!! All the colors really make it for a happy occassion! Great Job!
Hope you have a nice long weekend!
Hugs,Jodi =)

marijke said...

grrrreat card maria love these bright sunny colours

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Maria! Your color choice is awesome and I LOVE your added scenery!
I'm guilty of not loving a few stamps also. I really need to apply your rule and use an older stamp for each new stamp that I buy.
hugs
Risa:)

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

Maria--i love everything about this card it is so bee-utiful..TFS...

Elena said...

Oh, Maria! I agree with you about the stamps. Sometimes we are getting little bit crazy about them, but what we can do if theay are cute!!!
I love the scene you created for Lily and Billy! And I love the colors you used!
I also want to thank you for leaving me comments. I gave you an award at my blog. But you don't need to pass it, it is just a way of saying thank you for the comments and visiting me!

JackieLou said...

Lovely card Maria. I love this set of the PCS. You da best lady ever.

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a great card and a wonderful sketch! I am going to have to give it a try!

doris said...

Your card is so beautiful again!
Mary, I have a translator Googel * * on the right side of the blog.
I hope you can make of what ...

Hugs Doris xx

Rina said...

Another vibrant beauty!

Janna said...

Maria this is so, so adorable!!! I love the colors and the scene you created in the background!! You have such an amazing eye for how colors and shapes will go together and of course you coloring is outstanding!!

I hear you about the old stamps. I get so excited about the new ones that I forget about the old ones! Poor babies! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Your coloring ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

You're so smart to play with older stamps. I have been thinking about all the stamps I haven't unpacked. Oy yoy Oy! I tell ya! But I don't have to, You told me. heehee. I love this scene. That is one amazingly adorable stamp! Lovin your bright gorgeous colouring SO much! :O)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Lovely! You do the most amazing coloring - I love the liveliness of them :)
TFS!

Diane said...

You are so right Maria,we keep buying and don't use our older ones. Lovely Lilly card indeed!
Beautiful bright colors!TFS!

Marcia said...

Cute card! and Great Idea about using new and old stamps!

I think some of my stamps must get very lonely! :)

Rihani said...

Hey Maria! Gorgeous card as always! I have "tagged" you on my blog so play along if you like :)

Tracy.H said...

This turned out so awesome, Maria! Love everything about this one. :0)

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC -- I love the way you incorporated ALL the colors of that beautiful DP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |