Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Little C's Weekly Challenge - Color Combo challenge




Hi Everyone! Whoohoo! It's Little C's Weekly Challenge again! This time it's a color combo put together by the talented Ms. Rina of Heartful Stamping

Wow, this was a challenging challenge but I loved it because well, I've never made a card with this color combo.

This is image was a stamp that Risa of "Life's Simple Pleasure" sent me for Christmas. I didn't have any Whiff of Joy stamp so this was a perfect stamp. I love this image and you can find it at Little C's Stamps n' Things!


I colored my image using my Copic Markers. I sort of colored her cheeks a bit too dark but when it's cold, your cheeks tend to turn really rosey so I think it's okay. . .it's still winter right? Yes, Maria. . .it's still winter. Okay, thank you!

Check out the fabulous cards created by the talented Little C's design team:



Anyway, stop by the Little C's blog site and play along. There's a prize so why not play!!

Hope y'all have a fabulous Tuesday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Whif of Joy, K&Co
Papers: Prima Inc, K&Co designer paper, Yellow (?), SU Real Red, Eggplant Envy
Ink: Copic markers
Accessories: Making Memories clip, Satin Ribbon (?), Deja View brads, SU 1 3/8" circle punch, SU Heart to Heart punch



20 comments:

Smita said...

Lovely colors and a very pretty card indeed, Maria. I just dropped in to say that I love your cards and your tutorials. I am always looking forward to your new tutorials and have tried a few out. We don't usually find all the material here in India, so I try all those where the stuff is available. I just bought two chipboard coasters today to try out the post-it note holder! Thank you very much, Maria.

Hugs,
Smita

de said...

Love the brigh cheeriness! Your coloring is amazing!

I'm so inspired after looking at the DTs creations... I need to leave work and go home and craft!

Elena said...

How cute! Love these colors together! So cheerful and bright!
It is still winter here...

2 Worlds said...

Hard color combo, but you did a card that seemed easy
This stamp is adorable

Dawn Easton said...

Oh those colours do sound challenging but you've made it look easy Maria!!! Cute card and fabulous layout!!
Hope your wrist is feeling better!

Vicki G said...

What a bright and cheery Card. I just love the sketch. I used your box tutorial to create a project for my blog today!!! You are just so talented!


Vicki

Janna said...

So, so stunning Maria!!! I love the rich colors and the layout is incredible! The perfect stamp for a cold day and boy is it cold here today! I am so tired of it! I adore the little clip that you used! those are so, so cute and the layout is fantastic as always. I didn't notice the cheeks were too dark at all! They look fantastic to me!

Hope your hand is better!

smiles,
janna

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous!! You made this color challenge look easy Maria. I love the accents and how you used the little clip...the coloring is Fantastic!!...Hugs, Ila

Corie said...

Your card is beautiful!!

Jodi said...

Very bright and happy card! Love the way you colored your image and used the colors for the challenge!=)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Jodi said...

Very bright and happy card! Love the way you colored your image and used the colors for the challenge!=)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

The colours are just fabulous Maria and love how you've used the clip and ribbon, Gorgeous colouring of this cute image, Hugs, Nikki x

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Beautiful card Maria! I love what you created :)
xo

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Maria! You did a fantastic job with the color challenge and your image is beautifully colored!
I'm glad that you like the WOJ stamp:)
hugs
Risa:)

Jodi said...

I have something for you on my blog!
Hugs,
Jodi=)

Norine said...

love this it is so colorful
Hugs
Norine

Heidi said...

I like how yours came out Maria, I struggled with this one- yours fit so well!

Lisa Olson said...

Wow this is awesome Maria lovign the bright uplifting colours, getting us ready for summer!!!

Cathy said...

This is cute Maria!! Super cheery!!

Hugs, Cathy

Heather Schlatter said...

Oooo Ooooo Ooooo Maria the colors are so vibrant and pretty!!! I love this card and you know I am partial to Willow since I have my very own 4 year old Willow at home!!!

Have you been to Whiff of Joy lately??? There are like 7 or 8 new Willows and they are even cuter than the old ones!!!

I love your card you did a great job!!!!

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |