Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My First Anya Card

Hi Friends! Check out my very first Anya card. Anya is actually a digital stamp that I bought at the Greeting Farm. Whoohoo! I really didn't know about the Anya images until about a month ago. I just started seeing people making cards with them. I'm the sort of shopper that don't jump on the band wagon immediately. . .sometimes I'm so behind on the trend that I'll buy something when it's no longer popular. LOL! I only become an impulse shopper once I've tried something out and like it then I'll buy like a mad woman! LOL!

Anyway. . .I love this Anya image. . .oh, gosh it's so darn cute and so fun to color. . .especially her hair! LOL!

I colored my image using my Copic Markers using various colors. I think her hair is like 4 different shades from browns and yellows. I think there's even orange in there. No kidding.

I know this is a colorful card. . .Anya seem to shout out "make me colorful"! LOL! Yes, my images speak to me. . .just kidding.

Actually, I had a bunch of scrap pieces of designer paper and I wanted to use them up. I have a lot of these scrap papers. . .it's not even funny any more. I need to start finding ways to use them so don't be surprised to see more cards with a hodge-podge look to them.



Not to change the subject but I feel crappy today. I didn't craft all day yesterday and didn't blurf either. I have a cold. . .it started the other day. Strangely, it started with my right ear. . .my ear was so itchy. . not the outside, but the inside. Imagine not being able to scratch an itch. . .well, it was driving me crazy.

Throughout the course of the day, I could feel the itch and inflammation literally inching its way to my throat, my sinus cavity, across the back of my throat, to my lungs. Today, it finally worked its way to my left ear.

Well, I woke up with a full blown cold and now feel crappy. After posting this card, I think I'm going to lounge around and watch TV. I've been taking Zicam . . .it usually works so we'll see how I feel tomorrow.


Card Details:

Stamps: Greeting Farms Dorothy Anya (Digital stamp), SU Best Yet
Papers: K&Co designer papers, SU Green Galore, Regal Rose
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Making Memories clip, Basic Basic Ribbon, Prima flowers, buttons, SU Ticket Corner Punch

27 comments:

Joy said...

love the card...you always do such wonderful work and this one is so cute! don't you notice that all anyas have lots of hair to color?! I have fun coloring with my copics too! you did a very pretty layout! love the embellishments too! I hope you feel better...take it easy...I just got over a cold too.

Unknown said...

WOW! Your coloring is AMAZING! I love this!

Michelle Alejandro said...

OMGoodness, this card is so wonderful! The coloring is so good! I wish I could color like that! Love the layout and layers! Just too cute!

Rita said...

Such a beautiful card Maria! So sorry that your sick, hope you feel better soon!

Little C's Creations said...

This is SUPAH CUTE!!! Meee too... I better go and check it out and jump on the wagon too, bum by it leaves me behind. I am totally in love with digital images... so much easier to work with, huh?!

Love all your colors girl!!!

We are due for a call soon!

Love ya!
Jen

specialcraftmom4 said...

Beautiful coloring! This card is just so beautiful (:

Cathy said...

Maria,
This card is stunning!!! Your colors are perfect and so is your coloring!! love the flowers and buttons too!!

Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs, Cathy

Denise said...

You did a beautiful job on this card, I love it! The flowers and buttons are a nice touch, great coloring too.

Unknown said...

its beautiful. you did such an awesome job.

Shelly said...

Your card is so pretty, Maria. The Anya stamp is darling and your coloring on her is awesome.

Angel said...

I hadn't been by in a while, maria. I've missed you. Oh, this Anya is ADORABLE! I wish I could color like this....just amazing!!!!

CreativeMish said...

Cute! I love your coloring! You did a fabulous job!

Jodi said...

You have done an awesome job with your first Anya card! I love the way you colored her and how you pieced your card together!!
Hugs,
Jodi=)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Sorry you are not feeling well Maria, I have a really bad headcold myself :p
Love your Anya card!!! So colorful and pretty! I agree with you, she just screams make me bright and happy ;)
TFS! Feel better :)
xo, margie

Janna said...

Oh no Maria!! I am so sorry you are feeling badly! I think it is going around. Everyone seems to have it! I really hope you start feeling better soon!

So can I tell you how much I love this Anya card!!! it is totally amazing!!! The colors and coloring are prefect and I love the way you added the extra hair and made it pop off!! OHHHH such a great idea!! Love the bright papers and flowers as well! A truly fantastic card!

Smiles,
janna

Vicki G said...

Feel better soon Maria!!!!!

Gosh I LOVE this card....I have been eyeballing her for some time now.......you may have tipped the scales to enable me to buy her!!! Gorgeous!!!!

Vicki

2 Worlds said...

Maria beautiful coloring, hope you feel better, I'd never had a ear infection or something like that, must be annoying

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh Maria!!!

You are in trouble!!! I first started seeing Anya in November and December and I thought I really do not like her and I am not going to go buy her.

Guess What???

I now own every single Anya and Ian and Miss Anya stamp there is!!! No kidding except for the Cake Topper Set and the Digi images because my printer is out of commision right now but I will be getting them as soon as my printer is back in working order!!!!!

They are addicting!!!!

If you ever have a spare moment right I know you are a busy woman my good friend from here in town and an SU downline Emily has gotten totally addicted to Anya and Ian and her last 14 or 15 cards have been Anya and Ian cards. She has such a different flair for how she does things she has a really Shabby Chic style and makes cards way different then I would ever think to make them and uses stamps in ways that are so cool like she made a card with Anya in a cup she drew and used her swirls stamps and made it look like the cup was pouring coffee and Princess Anya out it was really cute, and she made Ian in a sleeping bag too!!!

her blog is
http://emily-buzzyblogger.blogspot.com

Well Maria I have more posts to go check out since I have been sick for a couple of days and I never want to miss out on any or your great cards!!!

Heather

Tracy.H said...

Love your Anya card, Maria!! Did you use a laser printer to print her off?

Great job!! :0)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Maria, yet another stunning card love the cute anya and the pretty papers and your beautiful colouring. Hugs Nikki x

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

gorgeous! I just love all the bold and bright colors you use.

Elena said...

She is so cute!!! Oh, Maria!!! You are so talented! I love how you colored her!!! And the dimension you created looks brilliant!
Get well soon!
Hugs,
Elena

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute Anya card Maria. Love the way you colored her and how you made her hair dimensional. TFS!

Cassie said...

oh she's just gorgeous maria!! glad to see you over at the Club Anya PCP group too!

Kristine said...

Wow wow wow!!! I LOVE this card. The colouring is so rich and beautiful!! Can't wait to see more fo your Anya creations!
Hugs from Kristine in Norway;)

Scrap with the soul said...

Is so cute. I love the paper collection ans color combination.
Thanks for sharing your creations.

Maureen said...

Awesome card!! And your coloring is perfect!! If you remember at all, would you mind sharing which colors you used for her hair? I'm trying to find good blond hair combinations and I think yours is great!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |