Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crayon Box Template and Scrappy Card


Hey Friends! Just a change of pace with this project. This is my weekly requirement for myself. . .basically, I need to make at least one "scrappy card" a week. . .meaning no rubber stamping, just scrapbook embellishments. Because I stopped posting on my Card Inspired blog site - where I typically posted all my scrappy cards - well, if I don't make a goal of making a scrappy card, I probably won't. That is the reason why I kept my Card Inspired blog site for so long. I needed the blog to help remind me to make scrappy cards and scrappy projects.

After going through Mel's of Mel Stampz blog site looking for templates, I found this link to Lindsay's blog "the Frugal Crafter" and decided to create this "Crayon Box Template". After I made it, well, I realized the flap suppose to be facing the back like the way Lindsay has it on her blog. Oh well! LOL!


Okay. . .creating this was a little annoying. Do you see the heart shape window on my Crayon Box? Well, I cut the window centered on the striped design of the DP. . .perfect. But when I created the card, well the heart was lower than the center of my card. .I was like "nooooooooooooo!!". It looked strange because there was a huge empty space at the top of the card. Darn it!

Luckily, after a bit of thought, I was able to create a layout that made it appear like the heart was in the center of the card. It took a lot of thinking . . .which by the way when making cards I don't like to do much of. In the end it worked out so I'm happy.

Do you like making scrappy cards? I'm going to be honest with you. . .I love making them but the cost of the card goes up because of the costly embellishments. Not that I'm cheap but a handmade card shouldn't be more expensive to make than a store bought greeting card. . .KWIM? There should be a cost benefit to making these cards. . .LOL!!

Anyway, not much to the card. . .just a bunch of primas, a heart shape cut with my Coluzzle Heart Template, Making Memories metal word embellishment and heart brads, some designer paper and ribbon and cutting with my Fiskar scallop scissors. You just sort of arrange them in a cohesive way. . . that's it.




Anyway. . .try out the template. . .it fits a standard card. If your card isn't bulky, you could fit 2 or 3 cards in the box.

Hope y'all have a fabulous day.

Project & Card Details:

Papers: SU Parisian Summer, Bravo Burgundy, Pink PirouetteAccessories: SU 5/8" Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, Prima flowers, Making Memories Metal word embellishment, Making Memories Heart brads, Fiskar mini scallop scissors, Coluzzle Heart template




14 comments:

de said...

Ewww I love this card! Great job!

Jenny V. said...

Wow Maria! This is so beautiful, you did a great job!


Jenny

Unknown said...

So, I'm confused. lol. The part with the ribbon on it, goes inside the piece with the hole in it? How do you get it in there with such thick ribbon? It looks amazing, however it works!

Oh, and you commented on my Lily card the other day... the ladybug one... saying you liked that color of red I used on the card. I meant to tell you that it's SU's Riding Hood Red. LOVE that color! I need to stock up before they discontinue it! :)

Scrap with the soul said...

I'm a heart lover. This card is awesome.
Thanks for sharing

Denise said...

I just love this project, especially the pink!! That is a very clever idea, I will have to try one soon.

doris said...

This is so pretty!

Doris

Janna said...

I love your scrappy cards!!! I have never made one before, but I simply adore yours! They are so so stunning! I seriously would have never known that the flower was not centered! It looks incredible!! I love the flowers and the metal tag int he middle of the flower! Great idea as well to put it in that crayon box!! Can't wait to check it out!

I know what you mean though about the embellishments. I can see where they would get expensive but they are so stunning it is well worth it!

Smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

Looks perfect to me! Glad you liked my template and thanks for the link!

WhimsicalThoughts said...

OMG Maria, you did a fab job!

Shelly said...

Nobody would ever know you had a struggle with this if you didn't tell. It ended up looking fantastic.

I agree with you about the SB embellishments adding to the cost of card making. Plus they make sending the card cost more too.

Sharon said...

Wow that is one beautiful piece of work. Love it!

Cami said...

I love this card and crayon box holder, Maria. Great job, again!

Elena said...

You did such an amzing job with this card, Maria! I have never done a scrappy card! Love yours so much!

Risa said...

Your scrappy card is awesome Maria!
I love the soft pinks...very pretty.
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |