Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pink Cat Studio Challenge on Paper Craft Planet - One Layer Card


Hey Friends!! I have a cold and looks like Pink Cat Studio Lily is sick too . . .she has measles with all the spots on her face! LOL! I created this one layer card for the Pink Cat Studio Challenge at Paper Craft Planet hosted by Vicki of Summerthyme Studio.

I have a cold and my head is sorta stuffy so I came up with this bright idea to stamp my image on a designer paper and color it with my Copic Markers. Because Copics tend to bleed through the paper, I had to line the inside of the card.

Anyway. . .I tried my best to cover the designer paper with my coloring but it didn't really quite work; hence, all the dots on Lily's face. I also messed up on my tree during the drawing process but I was in no mood to start over so I just went with it and worked with what I already drew. Don't you just hate that!

I added a few critters to dress up the card a bit. I wanted a scenic look to my card.

Here are the details of the challenge:

Date the challenge ends: Wednesday March 11th, 5 pm EST

Requirements: A Pink Cat Studio stamp must be used as the main stamp on the card or project. It is okay to use stamps from other companies as well.

To be eligible for the prize you must upload your card before the deadline to your PaperCraftPlanet gallery and include the tag PCSDTC2. You may enter only 1 project for this challenge.

If you have questions about this challenge, please post them in this discussion thread.

Prize: On March 11th, a winner will be chosen by a random draw from all of the challenge participants. The winner will receive a grab bag of Pink Cat Studio stamps. The winner will be announced in the PCP challenge discussion thread and on the Pink Cat Studio blog. Some cards from the challenge will be displayed on the PCS blog.

Don't forget to scroll down to check out the other card I made today. My very first card using my brand spanking new Anya digital stamp image! Whoohoo! It's colorful so be prepared to put your sunglasses on! LOL!

Hope y'all have a great day!
Card Details:

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Enchanted Lily, Inkadinkado
Paper: SU Parisian Summer
Accessories: Stickles Glitter

18 comments:

Vicki G said...

I think your tree looks pretty darn good Maria...........and well sweet lily looks kind of cute with her little measles..............

I love the critters and your bright and cheery card!

Vicki

AnnMarie said...

Awwww! Poor little sick Lily! She is still absolutely adorable!! Great card! Love all the details! I posted a few challenges on the Ning site! Hope you are doing well! : )

doris said...

O Mary, your cards are back so magical!!!

Hugs
Doris

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Maria,

You did a great job on your 1 layer card!!! What an awesome way to think outside the box on this one!!!! Awesome!!!! I love how it turned out Measels or not!!!!

So cute Maria!!!

Heather

Sharon said...

This is great Maria. Love your little scene. Hope your cold goes away soon. xx

marijke said...

this looks good, very good, love these bright colours

Little C's Creations said...

it's ok with the dots, infact it matches on everything uncluding her cute lil' face - u did gr8!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh Wow this is fabulous Maria, and you have done a amazing job in using only one layer. Your colouring is gorgeous as always and love the spotty bright dragonfly. Hugs Nikki x

Elena said...

I am so sorry you don't feel good, Maria... Wish the fastest recovery!
And your one layer card is very pretty! Sorry that you had some problems with markers... Just wanted to tell you that I love your card!

Marja Sch said...

Get well soon Maria, your card is fabulous. Hugs Marja

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I'm in love with Measle Lily! One of kind and so pretty :)
I know how you feel Maria, I have the worst headcold right now too! Sorry, I probably gave it to you ;)
TFS! and I hope you feel better soon!
xo

Janna said...

I think it is perfect!!!! I would be too, too chicken to stamp on top of DP but his is incredible!!!!! You are so mega talented and the tree looks like a fabulous tree to me! Much, much better than I could draw! I love it!!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling any better! I really hope you start feeling better soon!

Smiles,
janna

Mariska said...

I think Lily just has the checken poks just like my oldest had last week :). Love how you did the tree and that waterlily is gorgeous. Hope you feel better soon!!

xxx
Mariska

Lise Roy said...

Great job on this chalenge!!
Love the tree and your coloring!

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, this is fabulous, great job on the challenge! I've got to get working on mine!

Jennifer said...

What a creative little card! I love the scenic look and all of the little details that you added!!

Cheryl said...

This is awesome! It takes a while to realize there are no layers!

Melissa said...

This is such a sweet card Maria! I love the tree you drew, it looks great! That was a neat idea to stamp right on the designer paper! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |