Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Mail Anthony & Burt





Hey Friends!! Happy Sunday to you all!! When I first saw this Anthony & Burt image I thought that Burt looks a bit like he's on crack or something or maybe wired on coffee. . .all bug eyed and such! LOL!! Relax Burt. . .your mail is coming!! Too funny.

Okay, you're suppose to laugh! I don't know. . .I sometimes look at an image and see things that are a bit peculiar to me and think up crazy things about them. . .gotta have a bit of humor in one's life or life will be dull, don't you think?


Anyway, I love Anthony & Burt, bug-eyed and all! Those two are adorable together. . .Anthony is the bug. . .what is he anyway? He's not a bee. . .well I don't think he is. What do you think he is? Or maybe he is a bee.. . .now that I look at him, I think he is a bumble bee. . .I have to ask Jen about this one. I think Anthony is the bug. . .I had asked Jen this question before but I can't remember what she told me. Jen, if you read this . . .Anthony is the bug right? Correct me if I'm wrong!

You can find Anthony & Burt at Little C's Stamps n' Things and whole lotta brands of stamps and products. Fo' Real!! Little C's has a butt load of awesome products for you to blow your money on!! So be sure to stop by her store and be prepared to go broke!! LOL!! Sorry. . I'm in a weird mood today!

Oh! Little C's still has a Valentines sale going on so be sure to stop by and take advantage of her sale. It ends February 16 or until supplies last!!

Anyway. . .just a little bit of info on my card. I colored the image with my Copic markers and added SU Crystal Effects on Burt's eyes to give it a glassy look . ..that's about it.


Card Details:

Stamps: Anthony & Burt, Pink Cat Studio (sentiment)

Paper: DCWV designer paper, SU Certainly Celery, Cool Caribbean

Ink: Copic Markers

Accessories: Metal frame tag (?), Basic Basic Ribbon, SU Crystal Effects



















Before I go. . .we went to the movies this afternoon and saw the move "Coraline". I loved it!! I do recommend it for teens and adults but not for children. It's a bit scary for children . . .remember "Nightmare Before Christmas". . okay, same director! So you can pretty much visualize what Coraline would be like. The animation is totally awesome . . .actually, I loved everything about the movie. . .just a fun and scary movie all at the same time.


Another two movies that I saw recently that I highly recommend are "Curious Case of Benjamin Button". . .not just because Brad Pitt is in the movie. I love movies that have a "fantasy" component to it and one that tells a story like a book (well, in this case it is from a book). LOL! Great cinematography too!! Just a beautiful movie overall!!


The other movie is "Slumdog Millionaire". I LOVE Indie films. . .big time!! Slumdog is the first "independent" film that I have seen in a long time that don't end with a shockingly depressing ending. LOL! I always anticipate something bad or horrible is going to happen in the end especially with Indie films. . . .have you seen the Departed, Babel, Little Children, House of Sand and Fog, Mystic River, etc. . .if you did, well you'll understand what I mean by depressing!! LOL! Anyway. . .Slumdog is a must see movie. You don't have to love Indie films to like this movie. It's a real true feel good movie!

Hope you all have a fabulous week!


13 comments:

Becky G said...

What a cute image Maria! Love your coloring! What a fabulous card! I love it!

Cathy said...

I love these guys!! They are kinda cute waiting for the mail. It reminds me of me waiting for the mail except I don't quite look like that!!! I just love happy mail!!
Is the bug a fly?? This is the first time I'm seeing these stamps so I'm not sure but I thought maybe he was a fly.

Hugs, Cathy

doris said...

Eine schöne Farbauswahl, ein zauberhaftes Motiv und eine "fantastische" Karte!!

Ganz liebe Grüße
Doris

marijke said...

wowwwwwww what e cute card I love those copic colours but for me???? too expnesive to buy over here hihihi maybe in the future, but I love what you did with them

Elena said...

Oh, I love your card, Maria!!! So adorable!!! Love the colors!!!
Thank you for sharing the movies too!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Maria, this is such a fabulous card hunny and those images are so cute!! I havn't seen either of the films you mentioned but have slumdogs to watch. Will have to find time to sit and watch it now you've recommended it!! hope you and your family are all well. Hugs Lind ax

Savitri said...

Total cuteness, Maria! Love that frog and the colors are amazing!!!!

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fun!! I think the froggy looks Cute and funny as well!!...love the coloring and background!...Thanks for the movie reviews...I love it...and will keep a look out for them...Hugs, Ila

Linnie said...

fantastic work soooo inspirational
linniex

inlovestamping said...

WOW, I love this card!! Your coloring is great!

Jennifer said...

Super cute card and image!! Your coloring is amazing and the details are perfect! I love the glitter on the fly's wings and it looks like you added Crystal Effects to portions of the images. Your coloring is PERFECT!! I really need to get practicing!

Janna said...

Oh, Maria this is just too cute and funny! I love the expression on that little frog's face! it is pricless and I love the story you created behind it! That is so funny! Beautiful coloring and your layout is magnificant!

There are so many movies I would love to see, but it seems like there is just not enough hours in the day! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

So super cute girl and I adore that frog image and that ribbon is way to yummy and the coloring is totally wonderful too!! This card is very very fun!!!

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |