Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Little C's Weekly Challenge

Hey Friends!!! It's Little C's Weekly Challenge again and this week, it's a color challenge put together by Rina. Whoohoo. The challenge is to create a Valentines card with the color combo above. Honestly, this was a difficult one for me because I couldn't find a similar blue colored designer paper that didn't have "stars" or a " July 4th" theme. I also had to add a little green to the image because of the grass. It's not like I could make the grass blue. LOL! Well, I could've but it would of looked weird.

Anyway, I did try. . . besides the rest of the card matches the challenge colors so there you go. I don't want to hear any arguments from you!!! LOL! Do you see the charm at the bottom corner, well. . .you can't really see it but it says "love" so this card qualifies as a Valentines card.

Also. do you see the pretty flowers? Well, they are by "All Natural Accents" , a Hawaii based store!! Whoohoo! You can find this cute Rachel Ann Miller stamp and "All Natural Accents" products at Little C's Stamps n' Things. Click on the Little C's banner below to link to the site and you can purchase this cute stamp for your self!!!



I colored the image using my Copic Markers but I just realized I forgot to shade my coloring so the colors look a bit flat. Lesson learned. . .don't rush when coloring your image! LOL!! Oh, well. . .it's just not my day I guess!!


Anyway, stop by Little C's blog site for further details on this challenge. There's a prize to be given out so be sure to stop by and play along!!







Check out the fabulous cards by the Little's C's DT:

Card Details:
Stamps: Rachel Ann Miller
Papers: DCWV designer paper, SU Brilliant Blue, Real Red
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: All Natural Accents (flowers), JoAnn brads, metal heart charm, Basic Basic Ribbons

22 comments:

doris said...

A fantastic card!
I love your blog and your beautiful cards.

Liebe Grüße
Doris

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I think this card is totally SWEET! Adorable, and I think you did a great job with the color combination! This is really CUTE!

Dawn Easton said...

Very sweet Maria! I adore that image!!! Your embellishments are awesome too! great job on the challenge!

Danni said...

You are too hard on yourself. Your coloring is wonderful--even if you forgot to shade.
What a beautiful card, love the little charm.

Norine said...

what a sweet card love your coloring
Hugs
Norine

Cathy said...

Your card is so cute and colorful!! Your work is always amazing and inspiring. I love to come and look at your blog. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Hugs, Cahty

Michelle said...

Love the card, Maria! Beautiful colors and your coloring on the image is AWESOME!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Maria! I'm loving your sweet image and your embellishments rock! Super great job!!
hugs
Risa:)

Denise said...

Gerat job, such a precious card...

Sharon said...

Great card Maria,you did a good job using the colour combo.

Sandra said...

Love your card, very cute....great embellishments!

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Maria!! this little couple are so Cute...love the colors and flowers accents!!..Hugs, Ila

Jennifer said...

Awesome card! I love how you were able to turn 3 colors that are usually looked at as patriotic and turn them into romantic! Once again your coloring is perfection!! I love how you use the white for highlights and they look so natural! The charm in the middle of the flower is a perfect accent too!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Maria, love the cute image and the lovely colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Janna said...

Maria, I love, love, love this! It is just so cute and the colors are amazing! When I saw it I thought it was a Valentine's day card even before I saw the charm! You really rocked this!

Smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

Yea for the red white and blue!!!! Your layers are so great and the Milo and???? Forgot her name image is very cute too!!

I love this card and the ribbons you choose and the flowers and the sketch so great Maria!!!!

Heather

Joy said...

great job on the challenge! glad I can go to see what you have created to get some ideas!

Stephenie said...

Beautiful card Maria! I love your blog.

Elena said...

Very cute! I love the pretty flowers! And ribbon tying is so pretty!

Tonniece said...

Another cutie patootie card Maria.Really fun.

Tonniece said...

Another cutie patootie card Maria.Really fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing card Maria! I was thinking how great your coloring looked-didn't look flat to me. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |