Friday, February 27, 2009

Hugs & Kisses Card

Hi Friends! Well I'm sad to say my cold did not go away. I'm a little annoyed by it because my nose is now running like it's on a marathon. Argggh. For the first 3 days, I had a major stuffiness but no runny nose. . .just feeling yucky and a sinus headache. Well I woke up this morning with the runny nose.

I actually made this card about two weeks ago but didn't post it. I had it as a draft on my blog but forgot it was there. This card is a hodge-podge of pieces of scraps that I initially created for other cards but for one reason or another decided not to use them.



Anyway. . .do you see the yellow oval shape? Well, I think I messed up on my coloring. . .it looked splotchy so I decided to heat emboss it with clear embossing powder to camouflage it. LOL! Th heart shape in the back was intended for another card but it didn't fit well so I set it aside and decided to use it on this card instead. Actually there's a lot of fixes on this card but with a little tweaking. . .it's salvageable. Even when I mess up on something, I rarely disgard it. There's always a way to fix it.

I colored the image with my Copic Markers and added a little bit of glitter.

I really can't tell you the recipe of this card because it's scrap pieces, I can't quite remember who made the products.

Anyway. . .I'd love to chit-chat more but my runny nose is annoying me right now.

Hope y'all have a fabulous day!!








24 comments:

doris said...

Ooh my God, your card is beautiful!

Hugs Doris
xoxo

Danni said...

Feel better!! Colds are just the worst as they just drag on!!
Love your card. It has such a "homey" feel to it, so nice.

Ila said...

Fabulous card ...lovel the warm colors and the image reminds me of my wood crafting days..so Cute!!..Hope you're feeling better soon Maria...Take Care!!..Hugs,Ila

Cathy said...

Maria I love this!! So cute and "quilty". Is that a word? Oh well it is nice and sweet!!

Feel better!!

Hugs, Cathy

Sharon said...

Looks good to me, its gorgeous!!
Hope your cold goes away soon. x

Jenny V. said...

Hope your feeling better soon. Very cute card you made, you are so creative. You just come up with great ideas in making your cards and creations. Your work always so gorgeous.

Jenny

retiredheather said...

I adore this card. It is just so full of design and what a beautiful stamp. Great, great, GREAT card!
Hugs
Heather

Denise said...

Wow, this is a very pretty card, love all the extras you put into it. Looks like you spent a lot of time & love in making this card!! Great coloring of image.

Shelly said...

Feel better soon, Maria. Your card is beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing what you could do with your cast off pieces.

Joy said...

cute card...reminds me of a raggedy ann doll! I loved mine! love the layout and how much detail you put into it! love how it pops out at you! have a great weekend!

Janna said...

Oh Maria, I am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling better! Izzy has kind of gone down hill today too. I am hoping that it is just a minor set back and both you and her will be better tomorrow~

Now onto this stunning creation! I love the patchwork feel to it! Really fits with the image and your coloring is stunning! You are the best seriously! I look at things and think they need to be thrown away and you see them and create something like this! Simply amazing!

Smiles,
janna

2 Worlds said...

Hope you feel better Maria, the caard has so many details just great!

JackieLou said...

I love how all the colors go together Maria. Don't feel too sad I still have this weird stuffiness at night goin' on too. bad thing cause it seems like I can't breathe when I sleep. hahaha and I think I snore loud now cause of it hehehehe. I hope we get better soon. hehehehe

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

oh my goodness! This is the best card of "messes" I've seen! I LOVE all the elements! I have several pieces of stamped items that just didn't work and I KNOW they wouldn't look this good together!!

Sorry to hear you have a cold. That is so miserable!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Maria, loving the pretty colour scheme and all the wonderful stitching. Your colouring is beautiful as always. Hope your cold gets better and hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Sandra said...

Maria, this card is so adorable, love it. Sorry to hear about your cold. I just got over one, so know how you feel. Take care and hope you feel better soon.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so fun, I love all your layers and happy colors, Your cards are always over the top gorgeous.

Hope you are having a fantastic week-end.

L.A. said...

Great card! Hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself!

Becky G said...

Great card, Maria! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs~Becky

Rachel Brumley said...

Hey Maria

What a cute, cute card! I love what you did with all the scrap pieces. I usually put mine in a drawer and then forget about them!

I know about feeling bad - I have the "bug". Hope you are feeling better!

Denise said...

This is just beautiful!!

Elena said...

Love how you fixed the problem! Very pretty card, Maria! Hope your cold will go away very soon!

Risa said...

Your card is fabulous Maria! You did a fantastic job saving it and the outcome is terrific. I sure hope that you are feeling better soon. Take it easy!
hugs
Risa:)

StampNScrapJunkie said...

OMGosh! I love this one too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |