Scroll down to the second half of this post for the details of the TIC.
Barb asked me if this challenge includes following my sketches and the answer is "no". You can create any type, size, layout as you desire as long as it has a minimum of 5 layers. The sketches are just part of my regular posts.
I'm updating this post to add a few more ideas for you if you are stumped for ideas. The card to the right has 6 layers. I used the stamp from the stamp set "Romantic Rose" - a retired stamp set. I inked it with Stazon and stamped on to white mulberry paper. I colored the image using Twinkling H20, a type of watercolor that that has mica powder added to it to give it a shimmery effect.
Did you know that you can water color on mulberry paper and it won't fall apart. It can be completely wet and it will remain intact so try it out when you have a chance.
The card below was create using the new SU set "Baroque Motifs" which will be sold in the new upcoming catalog. This card is actually a "picture window" type of card. You can't tell by the picture but the flower is suspended by a string and it can move around. The purple background is recessed to give it depth. I achieved this by applying dimensionals to the front mat of the card so it is raised away from the card base. This card has 6 layers including the brads. I'll add more ideas as I continue to make them. Check out Card Inspired for a few submissions already posted. Please scroll down for the details of the TIC. . .
What is TIC? It means "Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge". I ask that you participate in my challenge and submit your work via email or your blog address if it is posted on your site. I will post a picture of your work on my blog site!
The challenge will be posted on both my blog sites, Card Inspired and Stampin Inspirations, every Tuesday. On Monday's (a week later) I will do a random pick from all participants of both blog sites and will randomly choose a person to receive one of my "challenge" cards . . .sorta like a "RAK" for participating.
If your card is made with Stampin Up images, it will be posted on Stampin Inspirations. If you card is created with images or products such as scrapbook pieces and embellishments with no stamping by other companies besides Stampin Up, the card will be posted on Card Inspired.
Today's TIC is "5 Layer Minimum".
- The card needs to be created with a minimum of 5 layersThe card base is not considered layer #1 unless it overlaps something such as a tri-fold or if cut to reveal the inner part of the card such as shown in Card #2 (scroll down for example).
- The designer paper in Card #2 is layered over the inner part of the card base, therefore can be considered layer #1, the front card base is considered layer #2.
- If creating a window type of card, the front card base can be considered layer #1 because it reveals the inner card base.
- Any ribbon or embellishment that layers over or under one another is considered a layer.
- With card #1, the designer paper is considered layer #1 because it lays over the card base (again, the card base is not considered a layer).
- Card design is not limited to rubber stamping. You may use "paper piecing" techniques or scrapbooking embellishments such as die-cuts, stickers, etc., as long as each piece is layered over one another.
The first card above has 9 layers, starting with the designer paper and ending with the rhinestone embellishment. The ribbon is included as a layer. The second card has a total of 7 layers, starting with the designer paper which is attached to the inner card base and ends with rhinestone embellishments on the wheel of the baby carriage. The front card base and the ribbon are considered layers.
Okay. . .let's begin! All submissions must be submitted by Sunday 12:00 midnight PST. I really hope you will want to participate in my challenges. I will try to make it interesting and different so that it will be motivating.
We'll see how it goes. . .I am "positive" you will participate!!!!! P.S. if you have a blog address, I will link your submission with your blog address so people can visit your site! Most of all HAVE FUN! Scroll down for the 2nd card and the sketches!!