Friday, January 19, 2007

Wednesday's Daily Special - Retired Stamp Set Revival 2

Once again I'm late on posting my daily specials. I've come to the realization that I won't be able to stick to each special on a daily basis but I will try my best. Unfortunately, life gets in the way. I did create this card on Wednesday but completed it in the evening and I don't like to take pictures of my cards at night. I don't like using flash when taking pictures of my cards because it distorts the colors.



Today's daily special is "Retired Set Revival". I chose "Send a Celebration". This is the first time I've used this set. I have a lot of stamp sets that I have not used since buying them and by the time I get around to using them, it retires. Ha! Isn't that funny. What's more hilarious is I'll continue to buy the current stamp sets and a vicious cycle occurs.



This card sketch was created courtesy of a rubber stamping group that I am part of. I'll ask permission to link the group site on to my blog and perhaps, you could visit it and be part of this small group of wonderful stampers one day.

I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder to create the background. I love the embossing folders. It's all the jazz right now but like anything else, something new will come along to stir everyone up again. I didn't buy the Cuttlebug machine because I already have two roller type machines - the Accucut Mark IV and the Zip e-mate that I bought 2 years ago and the Cuttlebug embossing folders work with both machines with just a slight adjustments to the platforms.

These two machines work on every type of metal die and embossing folders out there including the Cuttlebug, Sizzix, Accucut, Quickutz, brass stencils and believe or not, plastic stencils. Before investing on a new machine. . .buy a sample die or embossing folder and see if it works on your machine before investing on a new one.

Here is the card description:
Stamp: Stampin Up Send a Celebration set
Ink: Stampin Up Tempting turquoise and Lavender lace markers, old olive pastel
Cardstock: Stampin Up Cool Caribbean, Lavender Lace, Old Olive cardstock
Accessories: Stampin Up Ticket Corner punch, American Crafts Elements grosgrain ribbon, JoAnn Essential - Metal Embellishment, swirl clip, multi-colored fibers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, silver metallic cord, foam tape


Until later. . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |