Monday, July 23, 2007

Random Cards and Sketch

Good Evening Everyone! I was able to squeeze some time to make two cards! Whoohoo! It's been awhile since I made 2 cards in one day. I used to be stamp happy up until a few months ago but I've slowed down quite a bit. I'm lucky if I stamp a card in a day.

This was a quick card to make because all the images were already colored and cut out. I had stamped quite a few of the "Doodle This" flower a while back and I had a whole bunch waiting to be used. The rest of the images are scrapbook embellishments so this card was a snap to make.










Card Detail:

Stamp: Doodle This
Ink: Cool Caribbean with Lumiere
Paper: K&Co Designer paper, Ballet Blue, Summer Sun, DCWV Textured cardstock
Accesories: K&Co Chipboard Alphabet, K&Co stickers, American Craft Elements Ribbon, Fiskar "Cloud" Scissors



I like how this card turned out. I was a bit stumped as to what to do with the fishy. . .I didn't have a sentiment to match a fish image so I printed the sentiment from my computer. Hey, sometimes you need to improvise.

I recently bought this bubble looking CB embossing folder and decided to use it. I love this embossing folder. It looks so cool.

I colored the fish using prismacolor pencil with Gamsol. I sort of mixed several colors to give the fish a multi colored effect. You can't see it but the fish is glittery. . .I added Stickles to the fins. In person, it looks pretty nice. I cut the scallop circle using my Craft Robo and to top off the card, I attached a swirl clip and ribbon.


Card Detail:

Stamp: Fishy Friends
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Summer Fun, DCWV Scrapbook paper,
Accesories: Craft Robo (scalloped circles), Swirl Clip from Office Depot, American Craft Element ribbon

6 comments:

Linda SS said...

Just had to stop by to tell you how much I enjoy your cards & your sketches. This fishie card is nothing short of OUTSTANDING, AMAZING, and over-the-top CUTE. I'm totally in awe...truly one of the nicest cards I've ever seen:) Thanks for sharing your work.

Beth said...

What gorgeous cards, Maria. That first one is a knock-me-down one. I love the background, the tab, and the colours. Very unique putting the letter over the flower. Great work!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards.... Love all the dimension... The fishy card is so cute... Love the greeting... TFS!

Tracy.H said...

Both of these cards are awesome! I knew there was a reason for nominating you ;0) TFS

Ida said...

Oh I love this! It's so bright & cheery. Great job on coloring the fish and the sentiment is perfect. I also love the "Bubbles" embossing folder, it's perfect for water themed cards. Ida

Ila said...

Wow! Both cards are Fabulous!! I love the coloring you did on the Fishy card...and that bubble folder..hmm..gonna have to find one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |