Wednesday, July 4, 2007

TIC Day #3 - Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge - "Extreme Make-Over" Sample

Happy 4th of July Everyone! Jus' posting this card sample for this weeks TIC. So far the samples I've created for this challenge were "adding" elements. This time, I decided to "remove" elements of the card.

After completing the card to the right, I felt it didn't achieve the "feel" that I was going for. I wanted something a little more elegant looking. The paper clips sort of took away the elegance of what this card could have been. Scroll down to the "after" picture to see what I did to make-over this card.



This is the "made-over" card.

I decided to remove the paper clips, change the color of the rhinestones and add leaves to the flowers. I think the simplicity of the card now gives the card an elegant look.





Card Details:

Stamps: Doodle This, Word on Word, Inkadinkado (floral background)
Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Green Galore, Watercolor Crayons
Paper: Rose Red, Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Darice rhinestones

5 comments:

NormaJ said...

I love the look of the new makeover card. It does look elegant.

Sarah said...

wow this is gorgeous lovely!!!

Paula said...

Maria, You have been tagged.
Please list 7 things about yourself that others may not know.
Then tag seven other bloggers.
Thanks for having such wonderful blogs. I visit them both regularly.

Hugs.

Paula (Paula Ponders)

Lissa Huysmans said...

Hi Maria - have always passed this card and loved it each time. My girls and I have made it the challenge for this week:) You just inspire us so much - thanx!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! I never ever tire of those doodle flowers. They're just gorgeous in pink and your leaves are simply AWESOME! :0) Mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |