Friday, May 18, 2007

Daily Special - Anything But Cards - Purse Card by Paper Bouquet

Technically this is a card but it's a purse card so it is sort of an "Anything But Cards" card. I'm not doing a tutorial on this purse card because I didn't create the template and it's too large to scan a pattern.

It's a template that my stampin' buddy Gabby at Handmade Cards With Love sent to me a few weeks ago. It's a template by Deja view. Handmade Cards with Love is a card making group that I'm part of. It's a really small group but we're looking for new members. Small groups are nice because you really get to know the people on the group site. It's similar to the concept of "friends" versus "acquaintances".

Anyway, I love this template! The stamp sets used to create this purse card were "Big Bloom" and "Everyday Flexible Phrases". I cut the flowers out and layered them. The scrapbook paper is by DCWV.

The purse has an attached card that is inside the purse. I used the same stamp set on the inside and again, cut the flowers out and layered them. I doodled the bee myself. The piercings at the bottom were created with Craft Tool Kit and the ribbon is by Basic Basic.


On a personal note:

I had a really great start this morning. Got up and brought the kids to school and my hubby and I ate breakfast at Mimi's. . .by the way the Asparagus Omelet was yummy. It's seasonal so you should try it before they stop serving it. After breakfast, we wanted to head to Barnes & Nobles but unfortunately, they were still closed. Sheesh don't anything open before 9 am?

So. . .we decided to head to Lowes because well, it was the only store open. . . I bought 6 pots of flower plants and planted them this morning. Yay! I think once they bloom they'll look beautiful. I've decided to plant 6 plants each week until I am satisfied with the way the yard looks. We hired a landscaper to do our yard and they did a great job but I felt our backyard needed more color.

I'm sort of acting like I'm a retired person and I'm not even close to retirement age. If I act like I'm retired now, what am I going to do when I'm actually at retirement age? I'll be like "well, I've been there, done that so now what?" Ha!

Until later. . .






3 comments:

Jen said...

Maria

That purse card is just the cutest. I have yet to find any of the Deja View templates around here. I'm keeping my eyes peeled!! Thanks for always sharing all your wonderful work. Hugs
Jen

Little C's Creations said...

Hello Dear... it's me. Love the purse. Interested in your card club.... can far away gals sign up? As for feeling "retired", I can't wait til' that happens for me. My 2 yr old has been driving me nuts lately....too bad you don't live here - we'd get together too and hang out at Starbucks. hahaha....

Unknown said...

Love your purse card. Had to laugh about being retired. I've been retired now for fifteen years and I don't know how I had time to work, clean house, grocery shop. and raise three daughters,etc. I suggest you do everything you can now, because you won't have time when you retire. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |