Saturday, May 5, 2007

Daily Special - Retired Stamp Set - I Like Your Style

Today's Daily Special is to revive a Retired Stamp Set. . .which today happens to be "I Like Your Style". This stamp set was retired last year, I believe. Stampin Up is retiring a lot of sets this year. For those thinking of getting rid of your retiring sets. . .why? I can't imagine getting rid of any of my sets, retired or not. I can't begin to tell you how valuable these old retired sets are. I like going back once in a while and use them and I'm so glad knowing I still have them to go back to.

Anyway. . .

I colored the image using Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol and with a sponge dauber, shaded the edge of the cardstock. I used the "ticket corner" punch to clip off the corners and layered the image on double mats of "close to cocoa" and "old olive" card stock.

Stamping Tip:

To create a circle tag to appear as if it's made with a metal support, use your metallic pens on the edge of the circle punch. . .in this case, I used a gold metallic pen.

Paper used other than mentioned above: K&Co K-ology scrapbook paper

Other accessories used: Word Window Punch, Organdy Ribbon, JoAnn neutral brads, hemp cord



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like you color choices. Great looking card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |