Thursday, April 19, 2007

Daily Special - Challenge of the Day - Same Layout, Same Stamps, Different Techniques


Today's Challenge for you is to use the same layout, same stamps, different technique.

I'm going to start a challenge several times a week. It's a way for me to expand myself a little. I tend to stick to what's most simple and fastest way to create a card but I found that it's very limiting sometimes.

Check out my Card Inspired Blog site. . .my post yesterday was "one primary image, 5 different layouts". Try it out!

Click Here for the post.

This post is a continuation of the previous post. I didn't have the time to take pictures of the cards so I was unable to post them. So be sure to check yesterday's post which contains the sketch of the cards on this post.

I don't like to use flash when taking pictures of my cards so the only time I can take pictures of my cards are during the day time. I didn't have enough of a light source yesterday to take the pictures of these cards.

Okay, enough of the rambling. What's my point with these cards which have the same layout and the same stamp images? Well. . .we have a tendency to buy a lot of stamps. I am VERY guilty of this terrible habit of buying a lot of stamps and not utilizing them to make more than several cards. It's always about the next image rather than the next technique or the next layout.

I wanted to do more with this stamp set which happen to be the "All Natural" stamp set. Rather than coming up with a new layout, I decided to use different techniques to create distinctively different cards using the same images or stamp set.

The first card was created using a technique that I posted a tutorial on about a month ago. It's a technique using "Classic Ink Re-inkers with Lumiere"

The only difference is I did not heat emboss the stamped image as shown in the tutorial.

The second card, I wanted to emphasize the versatility of using scrapbook paper as a material to create your cards. I rubber stamped the image on to scrapbook paper and cut out the image then used scrapbook paper as a background.

The smaller flowers were punched using Stampin Up "Daisy" punch and layered on to the cut out stamped images.

Card #1 Detail:
Stamp set: All Natural
Paper: Positively Pink, Old Olive
Ink: Positively Pink and Old Olive Classic re-inkers
Accessories: 1 3/8 Square Punch, Organdy ribbon, Hemp Cord, Colored Buttons - Soft Subtle, Colorbok metal embellishment

Card #2 Detail:
Stamp Set: All Natural
Paper: DCWV Scrapbook Paper, Gable Green, Lavender Lace
Accessories: Round Tab Punch, Key Tag Punch, Hemp Cord, Colored Buttons - Soft Subtle, Basic Basic Ribbon, Colorbox metal embellishment
A challenge for you is to use the same layout, same stamps, different techniques!

Have fun!
Until later. . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |