Saturday, April 14, 2007

Daily Special - Technique Day - Coloring Background Images Tutorial




Well here is another tutorial. Today's Daily Special is Technique Day. The technique is coloring background images using Classic ink pads and sponge daubers. A Sponge dauber is a little sponge tool that has a holder that allows you to insert a finger and dab color to an image. Typically, it's used for adding colors to stencils.

This is a very simple tutorial. . . more for a beginner stamper. There's many ways to color background images but this is a simple way to do it, especially if you want to color individual parts of the image.

I'm not going to add the card detail t because I need to figure out which stamp set I used for this card. When I find the name of the sets, I'll write the details. I can tell you that I watercolored the flowers using Twinkling H2O. . .a type of watercolor that has a shimmery appearance. It's like blending watercolor with Pearl Ex. I used 1 inch and 1/4 inch circle punches and the Word Window Punch and attached brads to them to add a few design elements to the card. I also used Fiskar's "Cloud" scissors to scallop the edge of the mats. The colors used were More Mustard, Apricot Appeal, and Green Galore.

Anyway, try this simple technique to color your background images to give them a little bit of color. Here is the sketch challenge for this card.





Until later. . .

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Super layout Maria...love it (and the tutorial too!)...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |