Saturday, April 28, 2007

Guess Who I'm Going to See in Concert!!

Before I tell you the good news. . .here is a card I made this morning. I like how it turned out. I know. . .it's Christmas colors but it's a great color combo.

I'm still on my "A" stamp sets. Several weeks ago I organized a few of my stamp sets that were in my craft room in alphabetical order (not mentioning the ones stored in the garage). In order to use all of the stamp sets I have, I decided to use the sets in alphabetical order.

This stamp set is "All the Best". I think this is the first time I've used this stamp set. I had it for a long time but whenever I buy new sets, I forget about the sets I previously bought. Such is life.

The cardstock used are Sage Shadow and I believe Real Red. The inks used are Ruby Red, Real Red, Always Artichoke, and Old Olive. I blended the Old Olive and Always Artichoke by rock'in rollin' Always Artichoke over the Old Olive. I also blended Real red and Ruby Red by using the Real red markers to color the edge of the flower. I then cut the flower out and remounted it with foam tape to give a 3D effect. To create the leaves as backgrounds I masked the flower.

Using Sakura Souffle Pen I created dots around the borders and to create the shaped edge I used Stampin Up "Wave" scissors (I believe discontinued)

The techniques used were both rock' n roll and masking (Click on the technique name to link to the SCS tutorial)

Anyway. . .on to the AWESOME news. Guess who we're going to see on May 20th at the X-Fest Concert in San Diego!! My favorite band - 30 Seconds to Mars. I have a crush on Jared Leto, the main singer (remember Jordan Catilano in "My So Called Life"). And to top it off he is an awesome singer and the band has great songs. My second favorite band, the Used. . .will be there too. There's a bunch of other bands such as Sum 41, the Bravery, Plain White T's - that will be at the X-fest concert also but I'm happy to just see the two main bands I mentioned above. My daughter wants to see the Plain White T's.

Your saying. . .aren't you a little too old for this sort of stuff. Ummmm. . .maybe, but who cares!! You're as old as you care to be and right now, I don't care to be old. Besides, my kids LOVE the fact that their parents aren't old farts who listen to elevator music!!

Anyway, pictured below are the two main bands we're going to see in concert. . .don't forget to scroll down to view pictures of my kids and dogs hanging out in the backyard and more importantly to you, the sketch of the card above. . .

30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto is the third guy)

The Used


My daughter with our dog Dakota and my husband's butt.

Anton with Dakota and Phoenix




Finally, the sketch!!

Until later. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family.

The concerts I have seen. Pat Banetar San Diego (stunk).
Don Williams in Canada. Really good I think he hurt his leg he had to sit through the whole concert.
Rolling Stones FANTASTICAL WHOO HOOOO

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love the card and the sketch!

aimeslee xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |