Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Daily Special - Paper Piecing Cards

Today's Daily Special is Paper Piecing Cards meaning the design is primarily created using scrapbooking pieces. I did stamp a sentiment at the top using Warm Words stamp set. I punched the flower using a Marvy's Flower punch and the circles using Stampin Up 1 3/8", 1 1/4", and and 1/2" circle punches using scrapbook paper and cardstock. The MOM alphabet was created using "Making Memories Creative Letters" stickers. The scrapbook papers are from the DCWV summer stack and the edge cut using Fiskar "Sunflower" scissors. The brads are JoAnn's large brads.

I'm going to start creating cards using scrapbook pieces which will be primarily posted on to my Card Inspired blog site unless I use a Stampin Up stamp or scrapbook paper. I'm taking a poll right now (above at the header) asking if I should start a new blog for paper piecing projects and looks like the majority prefer I incorporate it into my current blogs. I'll continue to leave the poll and post paper piecing projects and see if the consensus will change.

I have so many scrapbooking pieces and embellishments and I rarely have an opportunity to use them because I've been making cards and projects primarily with rubber stamps. I really would like to start using them so this is the reason why I've decided to start creating cards with minimal stamping. I am going to continue to make cards with rubber stamps but I want to do both.

Here is the sketch for this card:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |