Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Random Cards Again

With the first card, I rubber stamped an image of one of the leaves from the Tropical Blossoms stamp set on to sage shadow cardstock using garden green ink, cut out the image and arranged the images to embellish the card a little bit.

The primary image was rubber stamped using "All I Have Seen" stamp set, colored in the flower image with markers, sponged the white areas with lavender lace ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I layered the card on to lavender lace and green galore mats then using a paper piercer from the Crafter's Tool Kit, created dots around the image.

To embellish the card further, I layered scrapbook paper from Colorbok on to Marvelous Magenta cardstock and shaped the borders with Fiskar "Sunflower" Scissors. The card base was rubber stamped with the "Canvas" background stamp. The sentiment stamp was from the "Warm Words" stamp set.

I stopped by Big Lot yesterday and went over to the paper products section and I found Fiskar scissors at a dollar a piece. I bought 3 of them. I would have bought more but I already had the others. I also bought a 2 boxes of 100 envelopes for 88 cents. I love to shop around different stores, check out the clearance section and usually, I would find something that I can use for my rubber stamping projects. Now, to actually use them is another story. They sort of pile up in a box with my intention to use them one day. I usually get around to using all the stuff I buy but it can span a whole year before I use them. Is this behavior called "hoarding". Because if it is, I'm a major hoarder.

I rubber stamped the flower and leaf images from the Tropical Blossoms stamp set using Garden Green and Lavender Lace ink on to sage shadow and bliss blue cardstock. I then cut out the images and arranged them and mounted them with dimensionals. To embellish the images I used gold gel pen and gold Stickles glitter.

Check out the sketches below. Nothing complicated but there's alot you can do with them.





Until later. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow -the colors on these tropical blossom cards are stunning! Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Maria, your cards are so beautiful. I'm always in awe of your artistic talent. These two cards are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |