Monday, April 9, 2007

Daily Special - Retired Stamp Set Revival - Tropical Blossoms



Well I cleaned my craft room up this weekend. Gosh, it feels so good to have the area clear of clutter. I had the chance to put some of my stamp sets in alphabetical order. . .well, what I could fit into my craft room. The rest are in the hallway cabinets and the garage. I just don't have enough room for my stamps.



I made this really simple card. This is the first time I've used my "Tropical Blossoms" stamp set since I bought it a long, long time ago. It sort of just got lost in the pile and I never got around to using it. This stamp set is retired and I never once used it. I really like this stamps set. The flowers are pretty and they can be arranged in any way so that your card creations are unique.


You can't tell by the picture but the purple flowers are mounted with dimensionals so they have a 3D appearance. I rarely use the "masking" technique when I stamp with "Two-Step Stampin" stamp sets. I have a logical reason for this. . .the way I see it, if I'm going to take the time to cut out an image, I'm going to use it. Cutting out an image takes time. . .what's the point in wasting it. Anyway, I prefer to mount them with dimensionals. . .I love 3D effects on cards. To enhance a white background, lightly sponge the background of your image to give it some color. In this case, I believe I sponged the image background with gable green and lavender lace.


Card Detail:

Stamp Set: Tropical Blossoms, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Lavender Lace, Gable Green (I think)
Ink: More Mustard, Lavender Lace, Handsome Hunter, Garden Green, Prismacolor Pencils
Accessories: Making Memories Ribbon, Stickles

I made a few more cards and I'll post it later if I have the time. I need to head on out to bring my son to the dentist. . .


Until later. . .


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |