Sunday, April 15, 2007

Random Card - Happily Ever After

When I have the free time, I sometimes stamp images, color them, then store them for future use. This "bride" image from the "Happily Ever After" stamp set was one that I colored and stored into my crop file.

I used Orchid Opulance marker to color the edge of the dress and veil and added glitter to it.

The background is embossed paper by DCWV but the paper was white. To add color to the paper, I took a sponge dauber and smudged pastel in Orchid Opulance and Lavender Lace.

The charm is a metal charm by Making Memories.

I've been playing with watermarks and plan to change my blog site heading in the near future. The current heading was just a test heading. Now that I've figured out how to put a picture for a heading, I'm planning to create a better one. Currently, I don't like my title heading but I've too lazy to work on making another one.

As for the watermark, I think I like this one. It's not too large and too fancy. I want it simple so not to distract from the card. I've seen a lot of fancy watermarks and sometimes, the first thing I look at is the watermark rather than looking at the card first.

I know this is a simple sketch and not very original. I wasn't going to make a sketch for this card because of its simplicity but I did anyway.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |