Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mr Snowman Card and Nsync Video

Hey Everyone! I decided that whenever I post a card or project, I'll add a music video for your listening and viewing pleasure! LOL! Yesterday, my daughter and I were watching videos on YouTube and we found this Nsync video. Nsync?! Aren't you a bit too old for that, Maria? LOL! Actually, when my daughter was 8 years old, I took my daughter to see their concert and I have to admit, their live show was one of the best I've been to. I was in utter amazement that they could dance, jump around, and yet sing perfectly. They did not lip-sync at all. . .they are always live. It takes great breathing control and stamina to be able to sing and do all what they did. You have to admire them for that. Anyway, enjoy!

I finished up this card this morning. It's a 5.5 x 5.5" card but the card doesn't open up as a full card. The actual card measures 4 x 5" and is attached to the 5.5" card base. I thought it would be fun to do something different.

I think I'm going to start making cards that are not your traditional type of cards. I gotta get out of my hum-drum state of card making existence. LOL!

Seriously. . .I've been feeling a bit in a hum-drum state. Routine and monotony are the bane of my existence so to bring back a bit of "spark and excitement" into my card making life. . .I'll create stuff that are out of my norm.

Are you that way too? Just wondering if others are like me. I have a tendency to become bored really quickly and I constantly have to come up with different projects. . .even life projects to get me going.

Did you know . .. my kids and family call me the "project queen". LOL! Everything is a project to me. . .i.e., project garage organization, the garden project, restaurant exploration project, project craft room reorganization. LOL!! You laugh! It's true. Everything has to be a major event. . .with a goal, a starting point, planning, outcome, result. How weird is that?

Whenever I start a project, my family goes "oh, no!". . .here she goes again and watch her get bored and not finish it up! LOL!

Anyway, enough with my yip-yapping. . .now to my card. I colored my card with my Copic Markers and added a bit of SU Crystal Effects to part of the image, punched some snowflakes with my Marvy snowflake punch and attached the 4 x 5" card on to the 5.5 x 5.5" card panel. That's it!!

Do you like the snowman by High Hopes? You can find it at Jen's online store "Little C's Stamps n' Things. Click on the banner below to check out what fun stuff she has in her store.


Card Details:

Stamps: High Hopes, SU Best Yet

Paper: SU Certainly Celery, Brilliant Blue (I think) DCWV Christmas Stack,

Ink: Copic Markers

Accessories: SU Crystal Effects, Organdy Ribbon, Buttons (unknown), Embroidery floss, Marvy snowflake punch, Round Corner Punch






11 comments:

de said...

Wow Maria! Another awesome card! I wish that I could color in my images half as well as you! I really need to practice more... and buy more Copics. Beautiful! I love the rounded corners (i'm a rounded corner freak!) and the layers... the buttons add great dimension. A+++ as always!

Ila said...

I love this card!! the snowgirl is just the Cutest and your coloring and detaila are Awesome!!

Catherine said...

Hi Maria!
I just love how this card is designed - with the actual card mounted to a bigger base. Cool!

Becky G said...

Fantastic snowman card! I love the change from the typical card. Love your coloring!!!!

Hugs,
Becky

Joy said...

I love that card...it's so great you make projects and then share it with us! we are so lucky!!! I want to try that out. I like a challenge too. TFS!

Elena said...

Maria! The snowman is so cute! Love your coloring! Like the shape of the card too! I also like to try different things in card making!
Thank you for the video!!!

AnnMarie said...

LOVE everything about this awesome card!!! You did an excellent job of creating outside of the box!

Thank you too for the nice note on my blog about my fur baby! She is feeling a little better tonight! : ) Big hug!

Little C's Creations said...

Oh Boy!!! This video brings back memories man... Justin still gets my heart going!!! LOL!!! Thanks for sharing it... I loved it!!!

Your card turned out so pretty!! Love the non-traditional colors that you've used. Too pretty n' love all those threads you put thru the buttons... what an awesome creation!!!

Hugs,
Jen

PS>>>> Oh yea, you know I am JUST LIKE YOU!!!! I totally start new projects, and then start tapering off because I get bored of it so quickly - but we always return (eventually) to complete it, right?!?!?

Rita said...

AWESOME!!! I luv how different this card is Maria! I might just try this, thanks for the inspiration!

Risa said...

Your card is super cute Maria! Your coloring and color combo are awesome and I love that stamp!

Michelle Pearson said...

this image is SO adorable! Just love your coloring and the layout and the color combo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |