Friday, November 21, 2008

Rachel Ann Miller Card


Hey Everyone!! I'm so proud of myself! LOL! I made a card 2 days in a row! Seriously. . .maybe my mojo is returning! My daughter has been busy with her school activities so it has freed me some time to craft a bit. Actually, my daughter is avoiding me because I've been pushing her to finish her essays for her college applications and whenever she sits down to watch TV or come near me, I'll ask her "are you done, yet?". LOL!

I truly hate the college application process. Why do they want so much information. . .can't they just pull her school records? Sheesh. There has to be a better system. Can you imagine having to fill out 10 different applications? It is, quite honestly, very annoying. I can understand why my daughter is avoiding to have to fill them out and in the process avoid me, too!


Anyway. . .now to my card! This is a Rachel Ann Miller stamp. . .so cute! I got it from Jen of Pieces of Me online store Little C's Stamps n' Things. You may also click on the banner above to check out all the goodies that she sell. Honestly, I wish I could buy them all! Maybe one day I'll win the mega millions lottery and I can. I still believe that one day I will win it! I, honestly, feel that I will. LOL! Yeah, right!! But, it's always good to dream. . .it keeps me going. Ha!

I colored the image using my Copic Markers, smudged the background with dye ink using a sponge dauber. I added a bit of Stickles to parts of the image and added a few embellishments. That's it. Easy-peasy!


I had cut the butterfly and slid the image under it. The butterfly was so pretty. . .I couldn't bear to cover it up so I cut one side of the image just enough to slide the image panel under it.






Card Details:

Stamps: Rachel Ann Miller, Heidi Grace
Paper: K&CO, SU Chocolate Chip, Bliss Blue, Sunny Yellow
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Opaque Pen, SU Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Deja View Brads, SU Corner Punch, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punch, SU Scallop Circle Punch, Making Memories ribbon



17 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Maria This card Rocks !
Very very pretty

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Maria, a gorgeous card hun as always, good to see you blogging again hun. Hugs Linda x

Joy said...

oh WOW! you did a great job on the card...I am blown away by the coloring and the detail! oh so pretty! have a great Aloha Friday!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Love this card! The coloring is great! Have a great weekend!

Marja Sch said...

Wow maria what a gorgeous card. The colours are so sweet. Hugs Marja

Elena said...

Oh, Maria! This card is so precious! Love the idea with the butterfly and cute corner!
Thank you for leaving the nicest comments at my blog! And I also have a special award for you at my blog! http://refinedfocus.com/redhairedgirl/?p=629
If you already was nominated, so forgive me if I missed it.

Ida said...

Very cute card. I love how you used the punch in the corner. (Very creative).

Joanne said...

I just love this! So pretty!

Ila said...

I love this Gorgeous card...the coloring and image is just fabulous! My daughter had to go through the same kind of thing..made no sense to us either...as if these kids don't have enough stress....Hugs, Ila

Teri said...

OMG! this is way too cute!! Love this Maria!

Rina said...

I love what you did with the butterfly, how cool is that!?! The colors are so nicely put together too. Nice job Maria. Thanks for being such an inspiration to me.

Cathrine StClair said...

This is so cute! I love the little corner accentwith the punch and the brad. Its perfect.

Risa said...

Maria your card is beautiful!!! I love the warm colors and your image is awesome!!!

CreativeMish said...

This is a beautiful card! WOW! love it!

Tonniece said...

Good luck on winning the lottery I have my fingers, legs, toes, eyes......etc crossed for you.

Super card Maria. As always your coloring is absolutely amazing.

Little C's Creations said...

This is such a pretty card, Maria! Love them colors!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

OHHH! I have been missin so much! I love your colouring as usual and the bling on her headband. And the way you tucked the image under the butterfly. Wicked sweet! :O) P.S. Your daughter is lucky to have such a good Mom prodding her to do well, heehee. :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |