Monday, November 3, 2008

Blingy Flower Card

Hi Everyone! Just a little story about my card. When creating my cards, I typically color my image first then look for a matching designer paper. I think I should look for a designer paper first rather than the other way around because I spent a great deal of time looking through stacks of designer paper and can you believe it. . .I could not find a designer paper with a purple and green color combo. Of all the papers I have, I couldn't find a match! I settled for a paper that matched the closest to the colors of the flowers.


I had actually colored the flower images a long time ago and I had them in my "crop" file. I decided to use them. I don't know why I color images all the time then don't use them.

When I watch movies or TV with my family in the family room, I'll color images while watching the show because I have a tendency to fall asleep when watching a movie or show on TV. It seems to lull me to sleep. I believe coloring is better than eating so at the corner of the family room, I store my Copic Markers and a stack of white cardstock so they are available for me to use when I'm in the family room.

I later bring up the images and cut them to smaller sizes then store them in my crop file but I have a tendency to forget about them.

Anyway, my card layout is fairly simple. I actually don't like the huge "space" inside the oval but I didn't want the card to be too busy because I wanted the flowers to be the focus of my card.

I added a large rhinestone to the center of my flower and used Stickles glitter to add glitter around the rhinestone to give the flowers a really blingly look.

Anyway. . .nothing much else to the card!! I hope y'all have a fabulous day!



Card Details:
Stamps: Autumn Leaves, Heidi Grace
Papers: K&CO designer paper, SU Green Galore, Lavendar Lace (I think)
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Darice Rhinestones, Stickles Glitter, Coluzzle Oval template, Fiskar Scissors, Grosgrain ribbon



16 comments:

Carolyn Mustopa said...

I do the exact same thing! So frustrating to try to find paper that matches my already-colored images. I have a whole little drawer labeled "card parts" filled with colored images that need matching paper. Purple is one of my favorite colors, and I'm always surprised that I don't have any purple DP. I always tell myself to do it the other way around, but I never seem to remember before I start coloring again!

KeeponScrappin said...

Beautiful card Maria.

2 Worlds said...

Great card Maria , I love purple and gree

L.A. said...

I like to have pre-stamped images but I'm getting better about not coloring them until I have a dp in mind or a theme of some sort.

Your card is fabulous, as always, and the color choices really pop!

Lori said...

I do the same thing, Maria--color first, then search everywhere for matching papers. I'm trying to reverse this, but it's hard. Loved the bling on your flowers here.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I like to colour images ahead of time too. Sometimes it takes a long time before I end up using them. You too?

Elena said...

Love your card! It is very pretty! Love the colors too!
I am the same way, first color the stamped image then spend hours to find matching paper. Maybe it is better to find the paper and then color! I should try it also!

Ila said...

Your card is Beautiful!! I color my images first too...and then spend ages finding the right paper. Great idea ...coloring in the family room..I tend to sleep through the movies as well...Hugs, Ila

Risa said...

You are too funny Maria!
I have done this before also and it is frustrating.
But from where I am standing, you made it work and your card is beautiful and the colors are awesome!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow gorgoeus girl, love the bling.

Lisa Summerhays said...

I color my images first too. I run into the same problem but coloring the image gets me excited to make the card. I love how yours turned out!

Rita said...

I do the opposite, I select the paper or CS then I color. Sometimes it can take a long time for me if I'm using DP & CS to match up the colors if I don't have what I'm looking for. I luv what you did with this card, it's gorgeous!

Annapurna said...

Hello Maria! Beautiful card! Love those flowers. I thought about it while reading your post. How about using the same thing that you colored the image with to color the lighter areas in the flowers? Would that have worked? I like it just the way it is, but you can always add a brighter color onto a neutral one.

Cheers!

Diane said...

I adore this!!!!!

Savitri said...

This is sooo pretty! I'm not a purple fan but you always make purple look good!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous! Purple and green are so great together! I love the ultra bling & I think the paper looks soooo gorgeous. I hear you though about trying to find a match; I do that too. I need to plan things more, since i've noticed I'm doing things kind of backwards lately (well I've probably always been backwards I'm just noticing it now, haha) :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |