Friday, November 14, 2008

Simple Santa Card


Hi Everyone! Happy Saturday!! I stamped the Santa image 3 times. . .the first two times I tried to color it and it just didn't look right so I decided to stamp it in brown and not color it at all. I think it looks so much better this way. I don't think this stamp was meant to be colored. When I colored it, Santa looked a bit scary. . .like a perverted old man! LOL!

On my previous post, I said I was going to talk about the "ethnocentrism" that exist in Hawaii but I'm not in a chit-chatty mood right now! LOL! Maybe some other time.

I did want to talk about my card. . .I stamped the swirly background with Versamark ink then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I cut a part of the image and slipped the Santa image under it. Unfortunately, the angle of the photos don't really show the swirly image over the Santa image.



Anyway, just a simple card and hey, no sentiment. That's different for me. I usually add a sentiment to the majority of my cards but I figured the Santa image was sufficient. I wanted the card to look simple but elegant.

I'm going to cut this post short. It's past midnight and I'm getting sleepy!! Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!!

CArd Details:

Stamps: Rubber Stampede Santa Collage, Inkadinkado
Paper: SU Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Gold Metallic
Ink: SU Close to Cocoa, Versamark ink
Accessories: Gold embossing powder, Organdy ribbon, Gold Stickles, SU Ticket Corner Punch, Gold Brads


28 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is so beautiful that it gave me shivers. Amazing! That is a delightful stamp. I'd love to see the perverted old man coloured version though. You are SO funny! (I just about split a seam laughing at that, heeheheeehe) All kidding aside, I am WOWed by everything about this card! Great idea to stamp it in brown & the hits of bling. Perfection! :O)

Rina said...

Beautifully done Maria. I love the gold and brown. TFS!

de said...

Simplly beautiful! That's what is simple about it! Very elegant!

Anonymous said...

I love this card in the browns and gold! So elegant!

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty! I love the simplicity of it!

Ila said...

Wow!! this is Beautiful and So Elegant!! I love the color..and the embossing is Fabulous!!

AnnMarie said...

Gorgeous card! I like the image uncolored! I think it adds to the elegance! The brown and gold are really pretty together too! Great job, as usual! : )

Mari said...

I saw this on COTW and had to come say that it's gorgeous! It's so elegant & classy. And yeah, I don't think the old perv look would've done it justice! lol

Monica said...

I want this stamp so bad!! Your card is simply stunning. I agree that it doesn't need to be colored! It's perfect the way you stamped it. Love the brown too! I may just have to CASE this card! My friend has this stamp and she is stamping some images for me!

JackieLou said...

OMG I love this card Maria.... It's so elegant I might add. hehehe Love that you didn't color Santa it gives it more a christmasee color...
hugs,
jackielou

Anne Bélanger said...

Wow ! It's a beautiful card !

Elena said...

This card is so elegant! Love the Santa stamp! I think it is even doesn't need coloring! I also love the swirls! Gorgeous!

Jennifer Love said...

Uhm...this card is pretty darn STUNNING! Oh my WORD! just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic color combo and layout...love the simplicity of the sepia image.
TFS! =)

SCRAPCRAZY said...

This has honestly got to be the best Christmas card yet. I reaaly love it. Great Job!!

Learn to Stamp and Scrap with Lynn said...

Maria, what a beautiful card. I just love the layout and the color combination. It was very nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing.

Your SBS2 Sis,

Lynn

Diane said...

Stunning Santa Maria!!! Not colors I would of chose for a xmas card,but I love it!!!! TFS!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

GORGEOUS! I just got this stamp at Michael's! I've been wanting it for so long, and then it was retired, but now it's back. I colored his eyes blue, and I put a little "blush" on his cheeks, but other than that, I agree, the image isn't really made to be colored. I haven't put my images on a card yet though. I need more time in the day, I tell you!! Anyway, love this! Absolutely gorgeous!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my word Maria, this is gorgeous, just like it is!!! So rich and elegant, fabulous holiday card girl!!!

Risa said...

Awwwwwwww....Maria your card is STUNNING!!!! I love it!!!!

Teri said...

I love your Santa cards. I don't usually like this type of image, but you made me really enjoy this image! Awesome card!!

Jean said...

Maria, this card is lovely. Makes me want to break out my embossing heat gun!

Jodi said...

This is such a beauty of a card!! LOVE it!! =)

Jules said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CARD!!!! DID I MENTION LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savitri said...

This is stunning! My FAVE!!! Love love love!

Michelle Pearson said...

very beautiful and elegant!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Maria! Love the santa image and the gorgeous colors. TFS!

Tonniece said...

Lost for words on this one Maria. Just stunning

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |