Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Daily Special - Anything But Cards - Accordian File or Crop File

I am so excited about these Accordion File or Crop File . . .or whatever you want to call it. It's so simple to make them and no template required.

I came up with this idea. . .who knows maybe someone else already came up with it but this evening, I was thinking of ways I could use my #10 envelopes (9.5 x 4) - yah, know the regular mailing envelopes and I thought, why not an accordion file or crop file. I also have a ton of scrapbook paper that I really need to use so I can buy more of them. Haha! No, really. I have so many of them, it's not funny.

I also wanted to use up all the small pieces of cardstock that were piling up so I began stamping sentiments on to these miscellaneous cardstock pieces but realized I didn't have a crop file available to store them. The ones at the stores are too expensive and call me cheap, but I hate spending money on something I know I could probably make myself.

Anyway, that's when I thought of making these accordion files or pockets. I had bought a stack of 8 x 11 inch fairly thin chipboard from Ebay (more like cardboard than chipboard but it don't matter) for the purpose of someday making something with them and the day has finally come!!

The size of the face of the accordion file is 4.25 x 5.5 inch. Materials for this project requires only two 4.25 x 5.5 inch chipboard (cardboard, posterboard, cereal box), one 12 x 12 scrapbook paper, two 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock, glue, scorer, word window punch and three sealed #10 envelopes cut in half to make 6 pockets. That's it. Imagine. . .at retail an accordion file cost at least $4.00 and up. The cost of this project is at the most $1.50 or less (if you use a cereal box, it'll definitely cost less than a dollar). Furthermore, it'll take you less than an hour to make. If you get good at it, maybe 1/2 an hour. I promise.

I'll do a tutorial tomorrow! It's really late and I need to go to bed.

Until later. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for a fabulous inspirational project!

creeves

Tracy.H said...

I found you through Allison's blog...these are soooo cute! I love them! I am definitely going to have to try one. TFS

Terry Molineux said...

Hi Maria, I found you from Allison's blog...love your little scrap file and cannot wait for your tutorial....I am a hands-on person...tfs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |