Saturday, March 24, 2007

Random Cards - Best Bar Codes

Why is it that all the good movies have lousy, depressing endings? I just watched "the Departed" and I'm not happy with the ending at all. It didn't have to end the way it did. Annoying. I won't spoil it for any of you who haven't watched the movie but in my opinion, the ending bums me out. Anybody watched "House of Sand and Fog"? Another excellent film. . .again, lousy, depressing ending. I mean, I REALLY felt bad afterwards. I felt the same way with Mystic River, the English Patient, Requiem for a Dream, even Brokeback Mountain. All of them were excellent films but it seems the writers and directors have to end the films with the audience walking out of the theatre needing a drink. Did "Crash" have a happy ending? I can't remember.

I believe the film makers, theatres, and the bars are in cahoots with one another. You walk out the theatre feeling bummed out because the endings are always shocking and not at all what you expected, you then feel the need to drink and discuss the movie so you head to the bar and have a long discussion or debate over the ending and possibly get drunk in the process. That's how it works.

Remember the movie "Jacobs Ladder". . .that movie disturbed me for years. Several years later, I watched the movie again. . .it still shocked me although I already knew what the ending implied. It's a matter of interpretation but I believe the movie was about Jacob's need to come to terms with his own impending death. . .oops, did I spill the bean? If you haven't seen this movie. . .it's worth watching in my opinion.

I guess these film makers are very smart. . . they've come to the realization that, psychologically, no one talks about happy memories, just sad, depressing ones and if there's a happy ending, well what's to discuss, right? The same applies with movies. I bet you now want to watch "the Departed" because you're now dying to know what happened. . . .. .see, that's how it works. If it had a happy ending. . .well, I wouldn't be writing about it.

Anyway, I made a few random cards. . .like the lousy endings of the movies. . .I think the color combos are lousy. I wanted to create cards with color combos that I haven't used together so these are what I came up with and I'm not really liking them. That's just my opinion. I do like the layout. . .maybe, I 'll redo the 1st card with different colors and see how it turns out.

Card #1 Detail:
Stamp set: Best Bar Codes, Island Blossoms, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Green Galore, Cameo Coral
Ink: Cameo Coral, Green Galore
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Making Memories Ribbon, Card Connection metal charm, Small yellow brads, Ticket Corner Punch
Technique: Embossing























Card #2 Detail:

Stamp Set: Best Bar Code
Paper: More Mustard, Green Galore, Brocade Blue, DCWV Scrapbook Paper
Ink: Brocade Blue, Ballet Blue Craft Ink, Versamark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Word Window Punch, 1 inch circle punch, scalloped scissors, Large and small circle brad, Making Memories Ribbon







Until later. . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |