Friday, March 2, 2007

Random Card - Simply Said

It was a slow day in cardmaking today. I made only one card. . .this one. I can be so unproductive, it's annoying.

I really love this stamp set. In real life, this card is actually darker and the background is actually a bit more mustard than white. I attempted to adjust the color but when I did, the embossed sentiment would disappear so I left it as it was.


The faux stitch was created with a gold metallic gel pen. It's not a real stitch. . .just letting you know in case you were wondering if I stitched the edge myself. Gel pens are great for fine detail coloring, especially the metallic ones or ones that appear glittery.

The background was created using a triangular shaped pigment ink pad made by Colorbox. The technique I used is called "direct to paper" meaning taking an ink pad and applying the ink pad directly on to the paper. The square ink spots work perfectly with this technique to create square shaped background design. In this case, the ink pads were triangular in shape.

I then rubberstamped the flower images in a row and applied clear embossing powder all over and heat embossed similar to the "dazzling diamonds" technique but in this case, I just used clear embossing powder.

Here is color combo challenge - in the case you wanted a color combo idea: More Mustard, Cranberry Crisp and Old Olive.


Here is the sketch challenge for this card. For those who don't know what a sketch challenge is. . .especially the new stampers out there. . .well, a sketch is basically a design layout. Stamp any image you want, add embellishments, use any technique and any color combo but the goal is to stick to the original layout. That's it. Nothing complicated. The challenge is to stick to the layout. Anyway, try it out when you have a chance!





Until later. .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |