Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Weekly Special - Post Revisted Januray 7, 2007

****UPDATE****

As promised. . .I posted the sketch for the cards below!! Try it out and tell me what you think. Send me a link to your blog site and I'll take a look at it!!




What is "Post Revisted" about? Well. . .I decided once a week I'm going to repost a previous post that I wanted to revisit! I'll leave the original post intact with a commentary update at the top. I know for a fact that nobody looks at any of my post as far back as 6 months ago so I think you'll be cool with the idea that I'm re-posting a preivous post.
In early January I was not posting sketches yet. I'll add sketches for these cards tomorrow. I'm on my laptop and sitting in the family room while watching TV and my laptop don't have the program to create the sketches.
I remember way back in January, I was doing daily specials that involved different themes such as color challenges, sketch challenges, Anything but Cards, Dollar Days, etc. I could not stick to my own schedule so I abandoned it. I now create things randomly. . .whatever I feel like doing! After reading my original post below, I realized that I couldn't stick to my schedule from day 1. Haha! That's hilarious! Oh well! Anyway, check out what I posted on January 7th, 2007 below!

***********************************************


Okay. . .I need to get on the ball with my daily specials which I am about a week behind but I'm going to start over. I guess I have to allow myself the window at times to not be able to follow through an some of them.

Tuesday's daily special is the "Color Challenge". I was inspired to create a card using the SCS "Color Challenge #90". I love the subtle colors of Blush Blossom, True Thyme, and Cranberry Crisp.



Card description:

Stamp Set: Unfrogettable

Ink: Pastels and markers in coordinating colors as cardstock and Radiant Pearls (to color the dragonfly and flowers)
Accessories: Making Memories doodle ribbon
,
Crafter's Tool Kit, foam tape


I wanted to add a variation to the aforementioned color combo. The color combo for the card below is True Thyme, Blush Blossom, and Blue Ballet.




Stamp set: Unfrogettable
Ink: Pastel (in coordinating colors as cardstock) Blue Ballet and Old Olive markers
Accessories: Crafter's Tool Kit (paper piercing), silver brad, Stickles (Lemon Ice), 1 inch circle punch, Making Memories ribbon, and foam tape

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh that is absolutely gorgeous~!! The color scheme, the way it's all put together. Fantastic~!!

Allison Rankin said...

I love the BB, TT and BB combo. I would have never thought to do that but it looks terrific!

Anonymous said...

These are great. I am so glad that this set is not retiring. What a great way to utilize this set. Love the layouts too.
Dawn B>

Little C's Creations said...

i love the layouts - may have to try these out... after reading about you doing your blog - I have a question in mind for you....where do you find the time? I mean, you are posting daily, wether it be a card, or a sketch - and when you do a sketch, you always have a card for it... which comes first? the card or the sketch?

i do love these sketches tho' they are clean n' simple - I will probably try them out... did I mention that already?!

Aloha,
Jen

Jana said...

OOOOOHH! I love these-they are both so clean and layed out so well. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |