Wednesday, June 27, 2007

TIC Day #2 - Tuesday's Inspiration Challenge - Three Way Baby!! (Tri-Fold Card) Submission


Hey Everyone . . .Check out Julie's submission for my TIC! This is such a beautiful tri-fold card! I love the colors she used. Very elegant! Julie said she's never submitted her cards to any contest or anything like that and this is her first time.

Well I'm honored that she chose to submit her card for my challenge! Thank you Julie for playing along with my challenge! Your card is fabulous!









This Julie's card when it is opened up.














Hey Everyone! Here is the first submission for my TIC Day #2 - Three Way Baby!! (Tri-fold card).
This submission is by Paula! Wowwee! She sure was creative with the folds! I love it! Check out her blog site "Paula Ponders" for other great card creations and projects! Thank you Paula for being my first TIC Day #2 Challenger! You did a wonderful job!

I also participated in Paula's Sketch Challenge. Scroll down for my submission to her challenge as well as my submission for my TIC.

For details on my TIC Day #2(Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge) - Click Here








This is the second panel.


This is the card opened up completely.







This is my TIC submission! This is a tri-fold card that opens vertically at the top, the second fold opens horizontally to reveal the inside of the card.

I used Paula's Sketch Challenge (see above post) to do a double whammy! Her sketch challenge as well as my TIC.

The stamp set used for this card is Crab & Co. I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol, watercolored the crab background, and used pastels to color the card base. The scalloped edge was created using Fiskar's "Cloud" scissors. The color combo is Cool Caribbean, Lovely Lilac, and Brush Blossom

The sentiment shapes were punched using an oval punch, SU Key Tag Punch, and the scallop edge with Fiskar's scallop scissors.

The ribbon is by American Craft Element and the metal tag that says happy (you can't really see it) is by Colorbok. I'm not sure what brand I used for the heart brads.

The second panel was stamped using the new SU set "Year After Year" which was colored with Prismacolor Pencils. I used the "masking" technique to create the multi-layered presents. I colored the background with pastels and markers to create the sand.

Scroll down for pictures of the card opened up to reveal the 3 panels.

I'll add more tri-fold ideas as I make them!!




This picture shows the first and second panel at a vertical fold.
















The card opens up vertically to show the second panel then horizontally to write your own sentiments on the inside.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hey Maria, I did another tri fold for you because you are such a sweetheart. AND I know how much time you spend making cards and loading them to your blog for all of us to enjoy. I send you big kudos!!! You can see card #2 at
(http://stampnscrapwithpaula.blogspot.com) Take care and have fun. You make me smile with all your fun cards.

Little C's Creations said...

Very lovely submissions, and love the card you've created!! You've inspired me again - and you can find my card here:

http://expressivelyme.blogspot.com/2007/06/come-join-jts-monthly-aloha-rak-club.html

hugs n' aloha, sister!
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |