Thursday, June 21, 2007

TIC Day #1 - 5 Layers Minimum - More TIC Ideas

Just a few ideas for my TIC - Tuesday's Inspirational Challenge. You can create a tag instead of a card if you want. The tag above has 6 layers. The large flower was cut out from my Craft Robo, the tags cut from Sizzix Tag Dies, the BG paper is by Autumn Leaves, the buttons by Foo-la-la and the SU sets are "Small Sayings" and "Amazing to Zany". The color combo is Pink Passion, Cameo Coral, Brocade Blue, and Green Galore.

This card has 6 layers also. I decided to use the new SU set "Year After Year" for the background. Guess what I stamped it on . . .you'll never guess! Believe it or not but I stamped the image on toilet paper! Haha! Seriously!! I wanted to experiment on different papers besides cardstock and decided to see if it was possible to stamp on toilet paper. I colored the images with pastels and with a sponge dauber dabbed pastel around the flower to give it a little color. I tried using markers and it definitely don't work. It seeps on the toilet paper and it actually compromises the toilet paper's integrity.

The only problem I had was sticking the toilet paper on to the cardstock. I used sticky tape but because the paper is so fragile, whenever I tried to straighten the paper out, it would stretch which warped the shape a little. All in all, it actually looks pretty good. It has a soft appearance and the toilet paper I used was embossed with hearts so it added texture to the paper.

Anyway, scroll down for the details on my TIC! I'm excited to see your creation so please play, okay!!

Card details:

Stamp sets: New SU set "Year After Year" and New SU Hostess set "Word on Word"

Paper: Gable Green, Rose Red, Whisper White

Accessories: Making Memories Metal Plaque, American Craft Elements ribbon, and Making Memories flower ribbon




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this sketch, Maria! And T.P., who would have thought, but your card is adorable!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |