Friday, June 8, 2007

Jen's (Pieces of Me) Sketch Challenge

Good Evening Everyone! The card to the left is a card I made for Jen at Pieces of Me. . .she has a sketch challenge in progress so I decided to try it out! Check out her blog site for the great sketch she created!!

I created the card by stamping "Happy Harmony" on to white glossy cardstock using Stazon Black Jet ink. Using a sponge dauber I dabbed Versamark over the image and the area surrounding the image. With a cotton ball I dabbed Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalk to the image and the area surrounding the image. I then highlighted the flower with white gel pen. With green markers, I added my own leaves.

The corners were punched with ticket corner punch and layered on to Black and Cameo Coral cardstock. I added gold brads to embellish the corners.

For the sentiment, I applied the same process as I did the flower image. To top the card off I added a peach colored 5/8" organdy ribbon and overlapped it with a satin lined organdy ribbon





I made this card for a "scenery" swap. . .meaning no embellisments, just stamping and coloring. I colored the image in the same manner as the card above. Because I can't use embellishments for this swap, I took a white gel pen and applied "faux brads" using a white gel pen.

I didn't create a sketch for this card because it's too simple of a layout!!

Until later. . .

1 comment:

Little C's Creations said...

Good Morning Maria!

Your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing.... I love what you came up with.... you have so many great ideas... just love them all!!!

Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |