Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Scrap Chick Birthday Bears and Bigger Bags

Happy Glorious Sunday, Friends! Today I decided to work on a gift set. I don't think I created a gift set for over a week. I played around with myscrapchick.com Birthday Bears, Bigger Bags, and Border Strips file. It was so much fun to use these sets of files. There's so many possibilites and they would make a great design for birthday parties. You could decorate everything with these files including the party favors.

I wish I had a younger child so I could create a party theme with the files, especially the "Birthday Bears" files. The file set has so many cute birthday themed cutting files


Here is the gift bag. . .it's a large size. . it measures 7 x 8" including the handles. Do you see the border strip? I resided the height to 1" and kept the proportion. It worked perfectly to thread a ribbon through it and create an "X" design to the border. I used the "Border Strips" file with the 2 holes. There's 6 different border strips to play around with. There's a lot of possibilities.

As for the bag. . it is large enough to fit a box of cookies as you can see in my photo. I used the "Bigger Bags - Short Scallop B"file. I resized the file to a height of 11.25" and keeping the proportions. If you resize it to that large, you'll end up with a 7x8" box.

This is the matching card I created. To shade the bear. . .I used pastels in the case you were wondering how colored the bear. I never thought I would ever have a reason to use my pastels again but I'm so glad I never sold it. . .it's an awesome coloring medium for cutting files. You can color, shade and highlight the images with the pastels.

Photos of the Day

Before I go. . .I wanted to share photos of stuff I created with my new hobbies. . .crocheting and knitting. I started loom knitting (not the traditional knitting way) using the Kniffty Knitter about 3 weeks ago and crocheting about a week ago and OMG! I've been obsessed with creating stuff since I've started. Sadly, crocheting and loom knitting has cut down on my paper crafting time but it's something new so I'm really into it right now. I have so much to learn so I'm really concentrating on learning new stitch patterns.

Anyway, here are the photos . . .




This beanie was the very first project I created with the Kniffty Knitter. Kniffty Knitter is a loom knitter. My beanie isn't exactly the best looking beanie but I like how it turned out considering it was my first time creating something with the loom. It was my test project. I think I'm going to add a crochet flower to the beanie so it'll look better.

This is my second beanie that I created with the loom knitter. I like how this one turned out. I did a better job with the brim of the beanie.


The scarf is the very first scarf I created with crocheting. I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt with crocheting. I used a "V stitch pattern" to create the design. I'm working on a second scarf using the "Shell stitch pattern". I'm almost done with it. I've come to learn to choose my yarn wisely and not to automatically buy the super cheapy type. .. LOL! The results are prettier with good yarn. Anyway. . .I'll post my other crochet projects when I'm done with them. . .:)

Sorry for the long post. . .:) Hope y'all have a beautiful Sunday!!!

8 comments:

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

Hey Maria. Super cute gift set. My daughter is turning two next month and I aready have a theme for this year but next year I want to do a teddy bear tea party for the theme and I will be looking at these cuts now for some ideas. And congrats on your new hobby. I think a bit of diversity is always good. Happy Creating!!!!!!!!

Melissa M

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I LOVE your gift set! It is so wonderful! The colors, the layout, the images - perfection! :<)

Plus, your skill with the crochet and knitting is already fantastic! It is habit forming - you will find it now difficult to decide what to create!

Wishing you a good week!

Barbara Diane

Riet said...

So beautiful card and bag Maria,i love the images and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful job on the card...I love MSChick too...your cards caused me to buy even more svgs there...haha And you hats and scarf are wonderful...like the colors you chose. Always wanted one of those machines to knit. You will do a blanket one day, but you might not find the need for it where you are located.

June said...

Love your gift set!!!!! Those birthday bears are so sweet!!! Great job on your crochet and knitting projects!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

baby cribs said...

Your Gifts sets are amazing. No need to wrap your gifts in a wrapper. I love the color. I wish that you have variety of styles. I love your photo you are so beautiful.

Lynn said...

Hi Maria, I just stumbled upon your fantastic blog and your creations are so beautiful.. You are truly amazing and I will come back for more visits for inspiration
Huggs
Lynn :) (Australia)

Unknown said...

Girl, do you not sleep? I wish I had your crafting energy. Your girl is so pretty and all grown up. I remember older pics of her...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |