Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Scrap Chick Flower Combo and Fabric Flower


Hello Friends!! I typically post in the mornings but I've been such a slacker with my card making lately. What? Yeah! LOL! Well for good reason! I recently learned how to crochet and I'm in the middle of crocheting my second scarf and I'm OBSSESSED! I'm excited that I'm learning a new hobby. I've been watching video tutorials on YouTube and practicing on the different stitches. Unfortunately, I've been using up the time that I normally reserve for my paepr crafting. It's nice to do something different so I'm happy taking a bit of time off from paper crafting. When I'm done with my second crochet scarf, I'll be sure to post it. Right now I'm learning to create a scarf using the "shell" crochet stitch. I just finished a scarf using the "V" stitch which I'll share later. .. :)

My next hobby that I want to learn is sewing and I bought a few fabrics and some remnants to play around with. I decided to create a fabric flower using myscrapchick.com "Flower Combo" file and cutting the fabric on my Cricut Expression. Some tutorials show you to use a sticky type transfer that you iron on to the fabric but I decided to follow this tutorial This tutorial uses "Stiffy" fabric stiffner which you can find anywhere fabric is sold or at Michaels. It works fabulously and a large bottle of fabric stiffner is quite economical.

When the stiffner dries, the fabric becomes stiff . . .duh! LOL! Because the fabric is "crispy", the blade on your Cricut cuts through it fabulously. I cut the flowers then I layered it and crunched it at the center and glued them together with fabric glue. Simple. It's like working with paper or card stock! Try it out!!

I used my TGF stamp. . .colored it with my Copic Marker. There's really nothing much else to this card other than layering and adding all the embellishments.

Well, I better start working on a few cards. I need to take a break from my crocheting. My wrist starts to hurt after awhile so I need to take a break or I won't be able to use my hand or end up with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. That would be bad!

Okay. . that's it for today! Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday evening!

6 comments:

Becky said...

This is so beautiful, I just love this image, and that flower is lovely

sucor said...

What a gorgeous card! I also love the flower you made - great fabric choice, perfect for the card. Thank you for sharing the link to the tutorial. As usual, your coloring is awesome!

June said...

Love your card and absolutely love that flower and will have to give that technique a try!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Maria,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Summerhays said...

Great layout! Love the pearls too.

Christine said...

Great idea Maria using the fabric stiffener. I will have to try that. Love your card too. It is beautiful!
xoxo, Christine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |