Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Scrap Chick Flower Card and Amigurumi

Happy Father's Day, Friends!

First of all
I want to wish my husband
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
My husband has been a blessing in my and my daughter's life
He has been the best father a daughter could have
We are both grateful for all he do for us
Thank you, sweetheart!!

Okay. . .
This card was created using myscrapchick.com
"Flower Card" file
Isn't it the cutest flower ever?


I think this is the happiest card I've made in a long time
Just looking at it makes me want to make more of it
I think I'm going to create more of it this week!

I used K&CO designer paper, SU card stocks
Dew drops, Organdy ribbon, Button
Embroidery floss
and
The stitch was created using my Sakura Gel Pen


In the case you're wondering
I cut the file using SCAL2 and my Cricut Expression
Myscrapchick.com files
Also come in PDF if you don't have a cutting machine



Before I go, I wanted to share this cute little turtle. On Friday, my daughter and I decided to stop by Michaels and buy crochet needles and some yarn and learn how to crochet. We've never crochet before so we watched a few tutorials on YouTube to learn how to crochet. It took a lot of practice to figure out how to do a stitch. In my case, 50 attempts to do a double stitch! LOL!

My daughter wanted to focus on making "Amigurumi" (Japanese crochet dolls). She is fascinated by Japanese culture and honestly, I think she has a secret wish to be Japanese! LOL! Well, my daughter created this cute little turtle to give to my husband for Father's Day. Okay. . .lemme' tell ya'. . my daughter is not at all a crafty person and has no desire to be crafty so creating the crochet turtle meant a lot of hard work for her considering she just learned how to crochet on Friday. She spent many hours working on this turtle so as a Father's Day gift, it's worth more than anything bought.

I think my daughter and I found a crafty hobby that she and I can do together. Oh, we finally have a crafty bond. . .LOL! I could never make her craft with me so now, we have something that we can do together crafty wise. I'm in the process of making a scarf. . .I'll share it when I'm done.

That's it!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Sunday and Father's Day!!

15 comments:

Danni said...

Oh my!! I totally LOVE this card, Maria!! LOVE it!!
and the little turtle that your daughter made is darling!!

Lorie said...

Oh, Maria...this is so cute! It would be perfect for my grandpa so maybe I'll make one for him. :o)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, that lil turtle is sooo cute! How precious! and I'm sure that it will be treasured for always!
Maria, I adore your card! It instantly made me smile! Such a happy, bright and fun card :)
TFS! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
hugs, margie

Joanne (jojot) said...

your daughter is a crocheting marvel...wow

AND your card is such a bright spot of sunshine....I LOVE IT

Cheri said...

Such a cute turtle-your daughter should be proud of her first accomplishment. Crocheting was my first craft hobby - my Grandma taught me and I inherited her yarn and crochet hooks after her death. I'd love to have have her crochet adult bootie pattern.

Your card is also cute. My scrap chick has some cute projects.

The Wired Angel said...

Your card is darling Maria.. very bright and cheerful.. and so creative. For a first time crocheter you did a fab job!! Good for you. Hugs, Peggy x

Unknown said...

Maria what a cute card, I love it.It is so bright and cheerful.

Now for your daughters crochet, she has a talent for it, if she made this turtle on the first attempt, kudos to her.

I crochet and this was not an easy project for a beginner... WTG

Beth Norman said...

I can't help but just sit and stare at your bright and cute card. I'm going to refill my coffee and will be right back to stare some more. What a delight.

Tell your daughter she made such a cute turtle. Congrats on finding a hobby you can do together.

akagreenhouse said...

Congrats on teaching yourself to crochet! When I was in high school, my grandma taught me. She made me practice doing just long chains then pulling them out and doing them again. It taught me to make even sized stitches. I haven't crocheted in a while, but when I do, I think of her and really enjoy the memory.

Riet said...

Wowww Maria,So BEAUTIFUL.

Hugs Riet.xx

Renee said...

oh I so LOVE this card!!!! What a great layout!! it just makes me smile! hugz n blessings

June said...

Your card is sooooo CUTE!!!! I love the idea!!!! Okay that turtle is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! I would NEVER have guessed that a beginner created this. WOW!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Little C's Creations said...

Super Cute n' Happy Maria! I love your Amigurumi too! I learned to crochet about a year ago, but I only stuck to making flowers. LOL!! So cute!!

Hugs,
Jen

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Saw this on facebook under My Crap Chick...love that site. Started following your blog...you did beautiful work.

Angie said...

Your card is beautiful maria and your daughters turtle is too cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |