Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another Easter Card! Yay!

Hiya Friends!! Well, I was bit more patient coloring this image. LOL! There's days when I'm really impatient and it shows in my cards! Anyway. . .I found a great way to help me with my blending with Copic markers.

My only "gripe" about Copic markers is that it takes a bit of time to color, blend, etc to arrive at a result that I want. I hate having to use 3 to 5 different markers to create the shades and highlights. That's when I get impatient.

So. . .to help me in the process. . .I watercolored the image and I then colored over the image with my Copic markers. This provided me the different shades without having to use all the different shades of Copic markers. It took only one color of water based markers (with an aquapainter) and 2 shades of Copic! Yay!

If you plan to do this, be sure your watercoloring is dry. Never, ever allow any other medium to mess up your Copic markers!! Those babies are expensive. LOL! To create the highlights, I used acrylic paint. Call me lazy! It's much faster to highlight with the acrylic paint! LOL!


Here's a side angle of the card. I don't know if you can see it but the animal images are 3D because I cut the image out and applied foam tape to "pop" it a little.

I love making my cards 3D. . .it cost more to mail them but it's so fun!

Anyway, the image is by Whipper Snapper. I love, love, love Whipper Snapper. They have the cutest images! The sentiment is by Hero Arts.

The background flowers are by CTMH "Rustic Flowers". I drew in the stems and the leaves. Don't forget to stop by my Close to My Heart website to my right sidebar if you want to take a look at their stamp sets. You can shop online through my website.


Anyway. . .I cleaned up my craft room last night. It looks better today! It actually didn't need much cleaning. I just needed to put away a bunch of things that I piled on top of my desk, vacuum the floor and wipe the table. It only took about an hour to clean up. Wheww! It wasn't so bad afterall!

Until later, folks!!

24 comments:

pescbrico said...

I really LOVE This card! The coloring is great, I like the dimension on it and the colors... but there I can be biaise since it's my favorite color combo lately! :)
Have a great day!

Joani McDonald said...

Maria ~ I love your creation! The colors, the layout, the everything! Your an inspiration!
Hugs,
Joani

Tracy.H said...

Amazing...as usual! :0)

Kelly said...

I love this!! It is the sweetest Easter pile ever!!!

Alhambra Club said...

What a beautiful card, love your coloring and great idea about the watercoloring, thanks.

Rita said...

You have out done yourself yet again Maria!!! I luv everything about this card & yes I luv, luv, luv your 3 D images & your coloring! The DP & flowered lace & gingham ribbon just added to an already beautiful card!

Jimi said...

Maria,
I haven't been to your site in a few days. All your cards are so cute! I don't know when you find the time to stamp! Take care!

Becky G said...

I love, love, love this card! First of all I am a big Whipper Snapper fan and this image is adorable. Second, your coloring is amazing! Love the 3D look too! Then there is the DP and ribbon! It's all so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Maria, this is the most stunning card I have ssen in a long time. Girl, you are too good with those markers. Love it.
TFS

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Absolutely stunning, Maria. The colouring and painting are beautiful. Thank you for the tip re highlighting with paint--I'll give it a try. Again, this card is too cute and stunning!

Kim Burmeister said...

This is such a great card! Your color is awesome! Thanks for the great tips!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Maria, this card made me smile as soon as I saw it load! So cute! Your layout is fabulous too! Thanks for the tips on colouring. I just got a bunch of Copics and more are on their way.

2 Worlds said...

do look like a lot of work to color
but its a beautiful card

Shelley said...

Love all your cards.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Another fantastic card Maria! Love the colors! TFS!

Diane said...

Oh Maria,that is too darn cute!!!
Of course your coloring is the best
and I love all the layers!

Cecilia said...

Hi Maria! This is an adorable card!!
I´m discovering a lot of news materials at your blog, "the copic markers" are new to me.
Kissis from spain

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Great card! I love the 3D effect! The background paper is gorgeous!

kathy said...

As usual Maria its a great card. Love your idea for highlighting. The easter pile is adorable

Jen Glover said...

I am not just saying this... I mean it... This is the most beautiful card I have seen all week on blogs! It is amazing. The texture, the colors, everything. Thank you for posting it so we all can see. Wow, your patients are lucky to have you! :)

Michelle Pearson said...

love your popped up image, awesome coloring job, as usual! Loce the layout too...just plain fun!

Fe-Fe said...

Love all the animals on this. That Rabbit is just so cute.

Anonymous said...

I just love this card! Love that flower trim!

Crissy said...

This card is amazing! The coloring is fantastic! I don't think I would have the patience for that either! You did an awesome job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |